Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Camellia Society of the Patomac Valley

Posted by sun_devil 7 NoVA (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 08 at 18:07

Is anyone here a member of the CSPV in Maryland? I would like to find out when and where they meet and if they are hosting a show this spring. I tried two different email addresses on their website but I got delivery failure messages back. Does anyone have a working email address for them? Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Camellia Society of the Patomac Valley

I am not a member but the link below has worked for me. Maybe their website was undergoing maintenance at the time you tried?

Here is a link that might be useful: Website of the Camellia Society of the Patomac Valley

o
RE: Camellia Society of the Patomac Valley

Sunday, Feb 10th is a meeting of the CSPV at the Nat Arboretum. There will be a talk on hybridization of hardy cams, and a demonstration of grafting. STarts at 1:30 pm.

REMINDER!
CAMELLIA SOCIETY FEBRUARY 10, 2008 MEETING NOTICE

The Sunday, February 10th Meeting, will be held at 1:30 PM at the National Arboretum.
Refreshments and visiting will start at 1:30 PM (please call Betsy 703-354-7184 if you can help).
At 2:00 PM there will be a Slide Show of the Bill Ackerman paper "Seeking New Horizons in Hybridizing" that Randy will be giving a the ACS Convention at Longwood Gardens Feb. 24th.
, At 2:30 PM, we will have hands-on demonstrations by Bill Miller and Bill Ackerman on GRAFTING CAMELLIAS. This should be a fun way to learn a new skill in Camellia propagation. There are so many ways you can propagate these plants (by seed, cuttings, air layering, and grafting).
If you have a seedling, or unwanted healthy plant of 2-3-year old size, (having a straight trunk of pencil size or larger), bring ONLY one along, and a scion of your favorite variety (or we will provide a scion if you let us know ahead of time your interest), and they will graft it for you, while you watch.
There will be information about our Spring Show at the Arboretum on April 12-13, 2008, including entry cards, so you can fill your cards out ahead of time. Bill Miller, Show Chairman, will also have the Show Schedule available.
There will be details of our Brookside event. (NOTE: there will be NO Show this year) but we will have our SALE on March 29-30, 2008, and a MEETING on Sunday March 30th at 1:30 PM. Also particulars of times and dates of pickup of your ordered plants will be announced. Demo in Air Layering.
Mini-show of greenhouse blooms and door prizes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here