Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
northtexasgirl

Nuccio's

northtexasgirl
18 years ago

Do they have mail order? I haven't had any luck finding their website. I've heard so many good things about them and I'm anxious to see what they have to offer. Could someone send me a link if they have mail order? Thanks a bunch. :)

Leona

Comments (17)

• Embothrium
    18 years ago

I haven't seen a web site. But you can get their address by searching for them online.

• GAAlan
    18 years ago

They don't have a webpage. They do business through regular mail.

Nuccios Nurseries
    3555 Chaney Trail
    Altadena, California 91001
    (626)794-3383

• brenda_near_eno
    18 years ago

They have a great catalog.

• surface_noise
    18 years ago

They do have the best selection around, and a great catalog, but do they still ship everywhere in the US? I ordered plants from them last year (good experience) but then got a call from the NC Dept. of Agriculture over the summer saying Sudden Oak Death had been identified at the nursery, and they were trying to trace plants which had been shipped to other states. Needless to say I soooo loved being harangued by a state agency, but I'm now wondering if Nuccio's can still ship?? I'd love to order again, but have been too lazy to call them. Seriously, though, if I have to, I'll fly to CA and pick the plants up.

• GAAlan
    18 years ago

I think they are shipping again, because they sent me a 2005/2006 catalog.

• surface_noise
    18 years ago

Yep, I called them shortly after posting, and they do still ship. I highly recommmend them.

• northtexasgirl
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for all the info. I'll give them a call and request a catalog. Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :)

Leona

• Virginia_Bill
    18 years ago

If you order from Nuccio's, DO consider the Nuccio's Pearl.

That is my all-time favorite camellia and if the temperature will stop dropping below 20 F I should have another bumper crop of blooms this year. An event I always took forward to! ;)

Bill.

• mpbruns
    18 years ago

Just FYI, everyone:

http://plant.cdfa.ca.gov/sod_nursery/sod_nonhost_shippers_az.asp?AlphaIndex=N&PageIndex=2

CDFA List of Nurseries Authorized to Ship Non-Host Nursery Stock Interstate
    The following nurseries have been inspected and it has been determined there is no evidence of
    P. ramorum according to the process described in the Emergency Federal Order Restricting
    Movement of Nursery Stock from California, Oregon, and Washington Nurseries, December 21, 2004,
    and are authorized to ship non-host nursery stock interstate.
    For additional information regarding this list please contact Amber Morris at (916)653-1440 or via email at amorris@cdfa.ca.gov.

• luis_pr
    18 years ago

Northtexasgirl, see if Calloways has any of the ones that interest you. Their camellia wholeseller is Monrovia and they supply Calloways with some of Nuccio's camellia offerings. For example: I recall seeing Nuccios Gem for sale at Calloways in Grapevine (Texas 121 at Hall Johnson), 817-421-6667, last Friday, 5 Gal Pot for 49.99. Ask Calloways if they will special order. Luis

• idreamofww
    13 years ago

Does anyone know if Nuccio's sells cold hardy Camellias? I live in WW--the lowest recorded temp was 9* in 1969, but I don't where the measurement was taken. There are plenty if micro-climates here so, I don't want to risk planting anything that won't survive 0*, just in case! And if they do, are they still closed on Sundays during the summer?

If that lead doesn't work, does anyone know of a western state cold hardy camellia nursery that ships? All I've been able to find is Camellia Forest Nursery, but I can't afford the exorbitant cross-country shipping.

• idreamofww
    13 years ago

(well, o.k., It costs about the same to ship 1 or 4 smaller plants from Camellia Forrest, $24, but I've missed the best time to ship)

• luis_pr
    13 years ago

Yes, June 1 thru December; otherwise, open daily 8-4:30, except w-Th.

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    13 years ago

What/where is "WW"? (I just hate acronyms.)

• leef2_verizon_net
    13 years ago

would lkie a catalog cant access one on line appreciate it is you could send on 117 belfast rd timonium maryland 21093 looking for shogetsu az. thanks lee

• kittymoonbeam
    13 years ago

Just went shopping there today and came home with a car full of one gallon plants. Simply the best plants and nicest people anywhere. If you can visit it is well worth the trip.

• luis_pr
    13 years ago

Lee, I got my Nuccio's catalog by calling them: 626 794-3383. Their website is very crude compared to others. They were very prompt.