How about this red and white camellia?

snasxs
15 years ago

{{gwi:505620}}

{{gwi:505621}}

Comments (14)

• longriver
    15 years ago

Wow! I really like this variegated formal double camellia. It seems a large size flower. What is the name?

• snasxs
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It is a well-known cultivar. LetÂs wait for someone to announce the name.

• Donna
    15 years ago

It looks alot like my Governor Mouton. (It would be a true miracle if I guessed right, but somebody has to go first.)

• snasxs
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Donna, would you put up a picture of Governor Mouton. It is not, but sometimes the cultivar names are not reliable. LetÂs see your camellia!

• jeff_al
    15 years ago

i don't think it is 'la peppermint', one of the few variegated cultivars that i like.
    maybe 'bella rossa variegated'?

• longriver
    15 years ago

I do not think it is'Bella Rosa Var'. Because the petal of 'Bella Rosa' is more of pointed tip and deeper red in very neat arrangement.

• yellowthumb
    15 years ago

Beautiful flower.

I am thinking Chinese name: Hua Lu Zhen
    English name: Variegated Precious Dew

• yellowthumb
    15 years ago

My wife told me that in her hometown, ShaoXing, there are many Camellias like that. They buy potted up Camellias in the winter and discard them in the summer due to the hot weather.

• yellowthumb
    15 years ago

Changed my mind, I think it's more like a Valentine Day Variated, which has huge flowers. This is a good cultivar, pity that my house is a bit too warm for Camellias.

• longriver
    15 years ago

Keep on guessing. It is not Valentine Var. that is a reti hybrid, with larger flower, even more petals in lighter red. The leaves have no characteristics of reti hybrid.

• okintos
    15 years ago

It is a beautiful flower. The camellias are great with petals "marmorata", (I do not know the translation to the English of "marmorata"). For the photographies, it is possible to see to what I refer when I speak about petals "marmorata".
    The identification is difficult, ado information that the photography. Your Flower of Camellia, something looks like the old Italian varieties "Stella Polaris" and "Carlota Papudoff".
    Regards.
    Daniel D.F. oKintos

Kumaska Var.
    {{gwi:505623}}

Coquettina
    {{gwi:505625}}

Saudade de Martins Branco
    {{gwi:505460}}

Here is a link that might be useful: XLV International Camelias Show 2009

• okintos
    15 years ago

I knew, that I had seen a camellia similar to yours. It is in the collection of camellias of Soutomaior's Castle. Also his photography and description is in the book, " The Camellia in the collection of camellias of the County Council of Pontevedra ". I found between my photographies, an image with several flowers of "Manchada". Not vé very well. But you can enter the attached "LINK" and write "stained". To write in the place to " Buscar ". Low left corner.
    Regards.
    Daniel D.F. oKintos

Camellia japonica Cv.'Manchada'
    {{gwi:505626}}

{{gwi:505627}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Estación Fitopaloxica

• okintos
    15 years ago

This one is an old variety of camellia portuguiesa with petals "marmorata".
    Regards.
    Daniel D.F. oKintos

Camellia japonica Cv."D.Joâo IV"
    {{gwi:505628}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Camellias Show in Lérez's Monastery

• okintos
    14 years ago

I did this one comes out in photographs of a flower of Camellia japonica 'Manchada' in the garden of a friend. It looks like greatly that of Snacks. It is possible that in USA, this one flower has another name.
    Regards.

Camellia japonica ÂManchadaÂ
    {{gwi:505629}}

Red and White in Camellia Show
    {{gwi:505630}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Monastery Lerez camellia show

More Discussions