Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Got any late bloomers?

Posted by luis_pr z7/8 Hurst TX (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 7:05

This mild winter has confused all of my japonicas. For example, White By The Gate started blooming this month and is still blooming. Ditto for some of the others that normally have bloomed starting in either December and January.

Is anyone else experiencing this blooming delay too this year? I am definitely not complaining at all. Love eating outside by some of these blooming shrubs instead of shivering (due to the cold temps in earlier years).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got any late bloomers?

Yes, blooming delay this year, we have too but I couldn't say that it was a mild winter here. It is still cold, and my camellias are just beginning to open their flowers. I presume that they will explose in April/May.

o

Wow, that you would be quite late over here! Which varieties do you expect will be blooming by next month, tamararly?

o

Luis, actually my 'Madame Cormerais Bahuaud' is in flower. The next flowers will be 'Tulip Time', 'Shiragiku' and 'Dahlonega'.

o

Luis - You should move north so you can have a longer blooming season. Black Magic was starting to show some color last week, but then it got cold again. The others are just getting started.

o

Black Magic

o

Hee hee hee! Well, I do not mind winter. It is just the cold, the freezing rain, the sleet and the snow that bother me. LOL! ;o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here