Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Camellias flowering

Posted by steve_nj 7-a (stevenj7a@verizon.net) on
Sat, Mar 17, 12 at 8:35

Camellias will be at peak of bloom during the next 2 weeks.There are over a hundred in the ground, although not all are in bloom. Anyone who wants to walk through the garden Sunday March 18th and 25th, email me for the address. This is in addition to the Garden Visit/Potluck on April 15th (email me for address). More about the potluck in an upcoming post.

From Camellia Forest-CF-29
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Camellias flowering

Gorgeous pictures. Wish I could take close ups like that!

o

Wow, all very beautiful! Do you know the name of the 3rd one (red semi-double)?

o

I'd have to check and see if I can find a label.

o

Would you call that a semidouble form? Or more of a peony?

Here is a link that might be useful: CAMELLIA FLOWER FORMS

o

Steve,
Nice flowers. I also posted some closeups here ("Camellias are early here in zone 6 - photos") a couple of weeks ago. They really are great plants and I think they should be used more than they are.

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here