Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toze_gw

Yellow weak leaves

toze
18 years ago

Hi.

I live in Azores (atlantic island), near the sea, and i own several camelias.

My problem is that the soil is a bit heavy. Not clay, but... and i can´t do much about it.

Some of my camelias are very nice, but other have lack of leaves or have yelowish and weak ones. The weather is very nice here, with min (winter) of 10ºC and maximum of (summer) 29ºC.

During some strong sea storms, i get some salt in the air, sprayed over my garden, but that doesn't seems to afect most of my camelias.

Usually i put some 15-15-15 NPK in the trees, but rarelly.

My guess is that the soil is a bit acid, so everything should be ok.

What could be causing that problem with my small, beautiful trees?

Comments (2)

• iris_gal
    18 years ago

Might be chlorosis.

• forrestal
    18 years ago

Yes, you might try a foliar spray application of iron to see if it strengthens up. The plant's roots are not taking up the nutrients to feed the leaves. Be sure to spray the underside of the leaves, as well as the top. Best time of day is early morning while the stomata are open. Do this several times in periodic intervals and watch what happens. It should enable the plant to start absorbing some of the nitrogen in the fertilizer and get growing again. Give this a try! Meanwhile try to do a soil test. Also make sure the plant has not sunk below grade, and that the soil is well-draining. Good luck!

Sponsored
More Discussions