Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

What camelia would you put here (pic)

msrose
17 years ago

I'm tired of the yaupons in our yard, so I posted a message on the Texas gardening forum asking what I should put in their place. Someone mentioned that a Sasanqua Camelia would look great by our front door. I'd never heard of this variety, so I looked it up, and it sounds perfect. I'm hoping someone can give me suggestions as to which ones I should look out. I don't want anything too tall. My mother had a japonica and it had an upright growth. Is that how the Sasanquas grow or are there any that are more widespread like a bush? I think the bush look would be better if there is such a thing. The colors that I've used in my yard are yellow, deep pink, and white. I'm thinking that a white Camelia would be pretty, but I'll post a picture of my whole yard just in case someone thinks another color would look better.

Laurie

{{gwi:506465}}

{{gwi:39714}}

{{gwi:39718}}

{{gwi:506468}}

The bottom tear has a Magnolia tree with white flowers. It's hard to tell, but on that same tear, there are deep pink roses planted behind the eynomous (sp?). The middle tear has knockout roses and deep pink crepe myrtles. The shrubs up around the house have been replaced with a shorter variety of indian hawthornes and in front of them are yellow daylilies.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions