Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jhculbert

Identification and Cultural Issue

jhculbert
14 years ago

I now own a camellia that I would like to try and identify. It looks most like C. japonica 'Adeyaka' of all the Internet images I have seen. The former owners said their ancestors brought a sample over from Norway. How do I identify this bush?

Also, the bush has yellowing leaves this Spring. These seem to be randomly scattered all over the bush, not only on the inside nor only on one side, and are not related to any insect infestation. Only some of the leaves are this way, the majority appear healthy. The bush gets mid-day to afternoon sun, but we haven't had much yet this year in the Willamette Valley. Last summer, when we did get sun, I did not notice this yellowing, so I don't think sun exposure is the issue. The camellia is in between two rhododendrons, which do not seem to have any issues. Thus, I don't think soil pH could be an issue. I cannot find any cultural issues described on the Internet that seem to fit, including lack of fertility and specific diseases. The bush is a prolific flowerer and seed producer.

Can you help with the identification and cultural issue, or offer recommendations on who to ask?

I can provide an image if requested. I don't know how to post it with this message.

Many thanks!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
More Discussions