Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
masgeology

Camelia Sinensis under Conifer

masgeology
17 years ago

Hi, I recieved four tea plants last year for my birthday and have since moved. My tea plants were sitting in a somewhat shady condo patio for the last year. Now they will be transplanted to a backyard. Problem is that the backyard is filled with 1) Scrub oak 2) Cedar(? some kind of conifer) 3) pine tree. We moved to a mountainous terrain where the temp. daily is 10 degrees F less then where the plants were previously. Moisture in air is better because we are closer to active streams but I am concerned with A) shade and B) sap from conifers. I noticed that no grass grows under the oak because the no leaves have been raked up in years it looks like but some grass grows under the pine and some under the other conifers. Any ideas on whether its okay to plant camelias under a cedar looking type conifer? The sun peaks through the mountains into our backyard from 10 am to 4 pm ish when only the roof of the house is then in direct sunlight. At that point the rest of the yard is shaded by mountains down the street or by trees in the yard.

Your comments or suggestions are definately appreciated.

Comments (2)

More Discussions