Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Camellia that drops blooms naturally...

Posted by rosewest z8 OR (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 1:25

I'm looking for a heavy blooming, very early or winter blooming large bloomed red camellia that drops its blooms naturally when they're done blooming, rather than turning brown and staying on the tree as so many camellias are prone to do. I saw one outside a business today that was red and white bi-color and it was gorgeous. I asked the receptionist if she knew the variety and she said she didn't. I'd like to find one similar, though I'd like one that blooms a little earlier than now...The blooms dropping naturallly is the key thing I'm looking for...

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Camellia that drops blooms naturally...

I used to have a (japonica) Eleanor McCown that cleaned itself up until the dogs killed it looking for squirrels. This is a short list of others that are bicolor and that you can investigate if the clean up by themselves: Sherri's Jubilee, Bev Piet's Smile, White Eighteen Scholars, Peppermint, Betty Foy Sanders, Governor Mouton, etc Many are very difficult to find nowadays.

White by the Gate this year cleaned up pretty well too. The only blooms I had to clean where those that fell on top of other branches. A new Kanjiro that I bought at good prices was blooming late and slef cleaned the two blooms that it still had.

Many commercial entities have a landscaping company that does their plants. If they are still engaging the company that planted the camellia, you could tracce the plant down.

This post was edited by luis_pr on Fri, Apr 12, 13 at 3:35

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here