Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
longriver_gw

My Last Bloom of Bella Rosa, Today

longriver
15 years ago

Red, formal double flower from Nuccio's Nurseries, Altadena,Ca.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:508860}}

Comments (7)

• okintos
    15 years ago

A beautiful flower of Camellia 'BELLA ROSA'. Thank you.
    Regards.
    Daniel D.F.OKintos

P.D.- Today I took these you come out in photographs, of the Camellia 'Humilis', of explosive and very late flowering. From April until June.
    Camellia japonica ÂHUMILISÂ
    {{gwi:508863}}
    {{gwi:508866}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Camellia Show

• longriver
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okintos: May be there is a tendency that the big tree of some camellias shall have a long period of bloom time. There must a few factors involved. I have two examples:

1. I have a large 30 years old 'Harold Paige' in ground. The height is over roof. It has been flowering for over two months and still going. My yard is half time shady and my area temperature is considerable cool, especially at evenning. However I am amazed to know that the camellia
    'Humilis' tree in your area can bloom in June. I love to exchange a scions with you if it is possible.
    2. I have a Kona in a 5 gal pot, set at shady area. The plant just starts to bloom. It will be flowering slowly to late May. This situation has been like that for many years.
    I think, besides being late bloom cultivar, the camellia plant would also response the surrounding environment accordingly.

• luis_pr
    15 years ago

OH MY GOD! You guys are so bad! Those pictures of Bella Rosa and Humilis are fantastic. I have always liked the color and form of Bella Rosa; and the purple of Humilis would look great in my backyard too. Hee hee hee. And ye gods, look at that Humilis Tree! I wonder how old it is.... 20-30 years old? More? Wow! I need to plant more shade trees and make the existing ones grow faster!

Rhododendron austrinum Admiral Semmes (yellow) would look nice by a C. Humilis while C. Bella Rosa would look great near my R. austrinum Sunsprite (yellow/red/orange) or R. flammeum Scarlet Ibis (orange/red).

• okintos
    15 years ago

C.j. HUMILIS, is a flower of camellia with changeable tones. When the spring is hot, is his color more violet (grape soda?). In places, where the winter and the spring they are cold, the color is very pale, and they appreciate more the stripes of the petals. I will put other photographies of Humilis's flowers. 4 trees of Humilis, of the Garden of the Island of A Toxa, they have approximately forty years. They have been cut away strongly often. They grow forming a round tree and without many height. I can send scions of humilis. They me can write to society camelia@gmail.com. Regards.
    Daniel D.F. oKintos

Garden of the A Toxa Island
    Camellia japonica ÂHUMILISÂ
    {{gwi:508869}}
    {{gwi:508872}}
    {{gwi:508875}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Camellia Show St. James USC University

• okintos
    15 years ago

Pardon. I have written badly, my direction e-mail. The correct address is: sociedad.camelia@gmail.com
    Regards.
    Daniel D.F. oKintos
    {{gwi:508878}}
    {{gwi:508881}}
    {{gwi:508884}}
    {{gwi:508887}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Camellia Show St. James USC University

• hippolythe
    15 years ago

Dear okintos! I like camellias with purple colour like federici, donna herzilia, alfredo moreiro da silva, grape soda etc.
    I'm very surprised about your wonderful pictures of C.jap.HUMILIS and that you will send scions. Please give me a notice if this offer up-to-date.

Kind Regards from Germany

• Donna
    15 years ago

Y'all are killing me. I'm with Luis. Must plant more trees. Must find more shade. MUST find Bella Rosa!!!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions