Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
transplanting camillia bush

Posted by jessyg1984 none (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 22:31

I have a beautiful 5 year old camillia bush at my current home. My husband and I are moving at the end of this month and I was wondering if it would be ok to dig it up now. I have always been told not to dig up plants when they are blooming, but wasn't sure if it would be ok in this situation. Any help will be greatly appreciated. God Bless

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: transplanting camillia bush

I would dig the new hole first and then dig up the plant when you can move it. Water it the day before you plan to dig it up. It reduces the stress a little more, especially when one digs up the old plant and -for whatever reason- delays planting on the new location. Get as much of the rootball as you can and keep it moist. Cover the soil to keep it moist and intact. Do not let the leaves wind burn on the outside of a pick up truck, if you can help it.

o
RE: transplanting camillia bush

You need to be mindful of the clauses in real estate sales contracts that govern the shrubbery and trees planted on a parcel of real estate. I think the ornamental horticulture is considered a part of the real estate that is being sold. Therefore, the seller of the real estate is obligated to leave the shrubbery and trees in place, exactly as they are, unless special legal arrangements are made.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here