Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luis_pr

Does anyone have pictures of late bloomers?

luis_pr
13 years ago

Any pictures of late bloomers still growing in your garden? Anyone? Bella Rossa, Elegans Splendor, Sawada's Dream, others/etc? TIA, Luis

Comments (7)

• okintos
    12 years ago

Here are some camellias are blooming now.
    Greetings.
    Daniel D.F.oKintos
    Camellia japonica �Augusto Leal de gouveia Pinto�
    {{gwi:509594}}

Camellia japonica �Adolphe Audusson�
    {{gwi:509595}}

Camellia japonica �Lavinia Maggi Alba�
    {{gwi:509596}}

Camellia japonica �Angelina Vieira�
    {{gwi:506743}}

Camellia japonica �Mathotiana Rosea�
    {{gwi:509597}}

Camellia japonica �Mathotiana Alba�
    {{gwi:509599}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Lerez Monastery Camellia Show

• luis_pr
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Great photos as always, okintos. I had to get one more camellia wiff before the blooming season stops. May I ask you a question about those camellia shows? I have never been in a flower show but in s-o-m-e of your pictures I have noticed that a great number of blooms on tables do not appear to have a tag bearing information like the name of the camellia for example. In other pictures, the tag is obvious and it appears besides the blooms. How does a visitor identify the blooms with no tags? Are the name tags there but simply not visible due to the angle in which the picture was taken?

Here is a link that might be useful: Example

• okintos
    12 years ago

Hi Luis. Thank you very much for your question. Foreign fans who visit our exhibitions, show surprise at this circumstance.

Rarely are the names of the cultivars of camellia. Camellias are very old and popular in Galicia. People admire the beauty of flowers. Never interested in the names of the cultivars.

Therefore, the Camellias Exhibits Galicia is not required to put the names. Some good amateur, always put the names. But they are few. It also happens that some awards are given exhibitions Camellias. Then he greatly appreciates the presentation of groups of flowers (bouquets). Should be the Organization, which put all the names of many hundreds of cultivars and groups of flowers on display.

For jurors to recognize handwriting from the fans. As you can see the Link XLVII International Exhibition of the Camellia, one is required to put the cultivar's name in the "Prize Antonio Odriozola". There are photographs of the president of the International Camellia Society (ICS), Patricia Short. The two were members of the jury that awarded
    Regard.
    Daniel.

Example without the names of the cultivars.
    {{gwi:506162}}

An example with cultivar names.
    {{gwi:509601}}

Here is a link that might be useful: XLVII Concurso-Exposici�n Internacional Camelia Vigo 2011

• okintos
    12 years ago

In the first week of May, I was taking pictures in the garden of a friend. This friend is a big fan of camellias and all types of plants. He lives in a place where the love of camellias is very old and the fans are many. Perhaps you could see the attached link with pictures of your garden. Greetings.
    Daniel Dominguez Fernandez oKintos
    C.j. Dahlonega
    {{gwi:509603}}

C.j. Letitia Sraeder
    {{gwi:509605}}

Dr. Tinsley
    {{gwi:509607}}

C. j. Humilis
    {{gwi:509609}}

Here is a link that might be useful: May 2011 Camelias

• florence_2007
    12 years ago

As always, thanks for the wonderful photos, especially Letitia Schrader that verifies one in my garden. Best photo that I've seen of it.

• okintos
    12 years ago

Camellia japonica 'Vergine di Collebeato' is an old Italian variety (1850). Blooms in the late period. It is a beautiful and lovely white flower. The petals form a perfect spiral. An unusual nesting flowers. Although not the only variety of camellia with the placement of the petals. Galicia In some gardens, is an old Portuguese variety that has the same shape, but is pink. We call it 'Perfeiçao de Villar de Allen'. Our friend Javier Botas has one of the finest examples of the variety "Vergine di Collebeato." "Vergine di Collebeato" for its beauty, was chosen as a symbol of the Italian Society of the Camellia. Greetings.
    Daniel Dominguez Fernandez oKintos.
    {{gwi:509610}}

• okintos
    12 years ago

Camellia japonica 'Vergine di Collebeato' is an old Italian variety (1850). Blooms in the late period. It is a beautiful and lovely white flower. The petals form a perfect spiral. An unusual nesting flowers. Although not the only variety of camellia with the placement of the petals. Galicia In some gardens, is an old Portuguese variety that has the same shape, but is pink. We call it 'Perfei�ao de Villar de Allen'. Our friend Javier Botas has one of the finest examples of the variety "Vergine di Collebeato." "Vergine di Collebeato" for its beauty, was chosen as a symbol of the Italian Society of the Camellia. Greetings.
    Daniel D.F. oKintos.
    {{gwi:509610}}

Sponsored
Columbus Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions
More Discussions