Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aggierose_gw

Tea scale

aggierose
15 years ago

After several hours researching on the web, I have found that what is on my camellia leaves is definitely tea scale. And a very, very heavy infestation at that. I've read many different things online and I just wanted your thoughts. Many sources stated that spraying isn't very effective for 2 reasons. 1 - they are armoured which helps protect them, and 2 - you have to completely coat the underside of the leaves, which is hard to do. My camellia reaches the gutter of my house so spraying the underside of all the leaves will be difficult indeed. I read that a systemic is best. I've never used an insecticide in my front yard, but I guess I will if I have to in order to save this plant. Will ladybugs eat scale? Everywhere I read about ladybugs is shows that they eat scale. It doesn't mention what kind of scale so does that mean they will eat all scale? I might try that too. If I need to do something more, what insecticides do you recommend? I think I will go the systemic route because I really don't think it's possible for me to spray all the undersides of the leaves.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions