Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where to buy Camellias?

Posted by rath08 8 (My Page) on
Wed, May 21, 08 at 16:10

I am specifically looking for the following types, not sure where to find these, any info would be helpful.

camellia

C. japonica (april rose)
C. sassanqua
C. vernalis cultivar or 'yuletide'

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where to buy Camellias?

sorry, I forgot to mention we live in east side (Issaquah, WA)

o
RE: where to buy Camellias?

April Rose is available mail order from several mechants, including Camellia Forest Nursery and Cloud Mountain Farm Nursery in Everson, WA.

Yuletide is very common in local nurseries so you might investigate if any in your area carry it or can even order it for you (a common request in the trade). Lowes, HD and many local nurseries carry sasanqua cultivars so check them out too; in years past, I saw Yuletide for sale at Lowes. Do be advised that this time of the year, camellia selections may not be as big as in the winter. Camforest carries Yuletide in their website.

Other varieties of vernalis, such as Dawn, Shibori-egao, etc may be more difficult to find due to smaller sales volumes on them. Check the above nurseries and Internet Search Engines to see which you can find; many links probably are for wholesalers but you could tell a local nursery if they can contact the wholesaler in your behalf.

Luis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here