Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hylarie_gw

Will this camellia survive? :(

hylarie
10 years ago

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with this and give me advice on what to do.

I live in northeast Georgia (zone 7). At my old house, my great grandmother had planted a Japanese camellia beside our porch where it has flourished for many years. We recently leased the house to a guy who took the liberty to try to get rid of the plant DESPITE our telling him NOT to change anything on the property outside of the house without permission first. He "pruned" it back to a stump about 6" high. Nothing more.

My mother is devastated. That camellia is one of the very few material possessions she has left to remind her of her grandmother...so naturally I am desperate to see if there is anything I can do to help preserve it if it is in any danger.

Will this camellia survive such a severe pruning at this time of year? Is there something I can/should do to help it? And if it survives, is there a way I can move it? My mom used to make trips to our old house just TO check on that plant...so given this recent turn of events, if the plant makes it through this drastic pruning I'd really like to transplant it here at our new house for her.

If anyone can help me with this, I would be most appreciative! Much thanks in advance!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions