Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy camellias?

Posted by brandyray Coastal NC (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 07 at 18:14

Can someone recommend a website w/ lots of pics? I have bought some from Camellia forest nursery but their site lacks pics. What colors do camellias come in? I know red and white and striped and cream and lots of shades of pink, what about apricot or peach colors? Please share some good sources for camellias. thanks, Brandy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy camellias?

Camellia flowers have many forms: single, semi double, anemone, peony and formal double. They come in red, pink, white and yellow colors. They also have some striped varieties (white with either a shade of pink or red). Japonica and Sasanquas reach 7-12 feet high, 5-7 feet wide. Japonicas are typically upright with a pyramidal form while Sasanquas are usually more columnar and spreading.

A webite that has lots of pictures is Monrovia's: www.monrovia.com. Click on "Advanced Search". On the next page, type "camellia" in SEARCH BY KEYWORD and click the GO Button. Or set SELECT CATEGORY to CAMELLIAS, enter any other search parameters and click the GO Button at the bottom.

Luis

Here is a link that might be useful: Monrovia Advanced Search Webpage

o

Thank you, Luis. I was able to look up 2 of the ones I have. And I found one I like- Bonanza, too bad it is not available anywhere around here. Brandy

o

Hello, brandyray. I have ordered Monrovia products before by special order from a local nursery that carries Monrovia products. Although this local company carries some of Monrovia's camellias, I have had to special order some that they do not always carry. Ask/look around in NC because Bonanza is a common variety. I have even seen it at HD and Lowe's in past years. This is not the time of year when nurseries stock up with camellias but look around locally before special ordering or mail/Internet ordering. If you have HD Landscape outlets in NC, check those too. Luis

o

Thank you for the ideas. Realistically, the last thing I need is any add'l plants to plant and tend to this time of the year! I will wait till fall. Meanwhile, maybe some others will write in w/ places to look at pics and/or order from. Brandy

o

Indigo Nursery near Pauley's Island, SC has fantastic variety of large plants at very nice prices. Also, you cold make a day trip to Camellia Forest in Chapel Hill - David Parks has it all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here