Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thecitrusguy

Cuttings exchange

The Citrus Guy
11 years ago

Well, my grafting skills still need a lot of work. I was very excited about the scion exchange I held this past Winter however. Anybody up for a cuttings exchange? It is time to start rooting cuttings.

I would love to work out a trade with anybody, if they are so inclined. If I don't have anything you want, I will pay for postage.

The plants of mine that are big enough for cuttings are:

Yuletide

Taylors Perfection

Blood of China

Kramers Supreme

Night Rider

Silver Waves

Nina Avery

Daydream

Fran Homeyer

Tom Knudson

Man Size

Horkan

Grace Albritton

Some of these will be in limited supply, so if I have one that tickles you, please let me know ASAP.

My list of wants is huge, so tempt me, I more than likely will bite.

If for some reason GW doesn't let me know about a message, you can e-mail me at TheCitrusGuy@netzero.com

Thanks!

Darren

Comments (9)

• florence_2007
    11 years ago

Darren, I would like a few that you have, but late July-Aug is my best rooting time. I mainly collect pre-1900's, but these are tempting.Would you be able to reserve until then? I would like, Night Rider, Silver Waves, Fran Homeyer, Are the cuttings that I sent doing OK? Thanks a bunch

• The Citrus Guy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey Florence, At the rate things are going....it should not be a problem to reserve what you want. I have this posted on a few other sites and you are the very first respondent.
    As for the things that you had sent me, sadly, they are not doing well....okay actually they are dead. That is why I posted the first sentence of "My grafting skills still need a lot of work". I was talking to one of my Camellia buddies here in Charleston and there were a few minor things I was doing wrong, hopefully next grafting season I will get it right. So I figured I will try the rooting thing. I tend to do better with rooting anyway. I felt REALLY bad about the scions I got from you and a few others that died, I had actually considered mouth to mouth, but didn't figure it would work. LOL Remind me again when the time comes to root in your area and I will send them, no problem.

• florence_2007
    11 years ago

Try rooting and I can send you some in AUgust. I will be in Charleston at Magnolia Gardens in August.

• jamesmaloy
    11 years ago

Darren, I don't have a list just this minute but I will work on it before or by this weekend. I honestly thought it might be to hot to mail with the heat wave we have had here. James Maloy in Florida.

• jamesmaloy
    11 years ago

A thousand apologies for not getting back sooner life has a way of interfering. OK Camellias first

Prof.Sargeant
    Blue Danube
    Blood of China
    Betty Sheffield supreme
    Kramers supreme
    April blush
    Spellbound
    Morning glow

Sasanquas
    Nortthern lights
    Yuletide

Vernalis
    Hiryu

Darren If you are interested in any of these please advise exactly what you are looking for in cuttings. I am not looking for cuttings I simply don't have the time But I don't mind sharing. Maybe in years ahead I will have more time to devote. I don't seem to be able to keep up with what I have growing now. I did manage to get three more camellias in the ground this late spring and they are looking well. In years to come also I will have lots of other varieties to swap. Some are just really slow in getting established while others have taken off like gangbusters.
    Darren again I apologize for being so late in getting back on here.
    James in Florida

• The Citrus Guy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

James, did you get my e-mail?
    Darren

• florence_2007
    11 years ago

Darren, would you add Nina Avery to my list? THanks.

• The Citrus Guy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

No problem Florence!
    I have you down for:
    Night Rider
    Silver Waves
    Fran Homeyer
    Nina Avery
    Hopefully see you next month.
    Darren

• jamesmaloy
    11 years ago

Darren,I did get your email Thanks. I mailed the cuttings this day should arrive by Thursday. I hope I did good. Please let me know how they arrived as far as do they still look good. Will they work. I have never tried rooting camellias So did what I thought would work. I swore to myself that this was going to be the year that I did air-layering But it has not happened yet.
    James in Florida

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions