Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jkgano

Camellia Sinensis -- Quantity question

jkgano
17 years ago

I'm planning on growing some Camellia Sinensis plants as a hobby, but also hope to (eventually) be producing enough tea to have fun experimenting--How many plants would I need to produce an ounce or two of finished tea with each flush?--or, how much does a single plant usually produce?

Thanks,

Jake

Comments (2)

• camelliatea
    17 years ago

Camellia sinensis plants can grow quite large in a relatively short period of time. You can expect to get hundreds if not thousands of tea leaves from a 6-8' plant that you could grow in a few short years. I use 2-3 tea leaves for one cup of brewed tea. You can use more or less depending on your individual taste preferences. Tea usually will have several flushes of growth in a season - especially if you live in zones 7-8 and if you cut frequently.

• longriver
    17 years ago

I think that C sinensis holds a special value for home garden. However I did not see any one utilize it. It should be a wonderful hedge plant for a special area in your yard. It can stand shearing to the shape you want. Of course you can timely havest your crop of tea leaves.

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012
More Discussions