Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Squadron Leader Austin?

Posted by mlb86 6B NE TN (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 8:33

Camellia Forest Nursery recently updated it's website. They are offering a new Camellia japonica cultivar named Squadron Leader Austin. So far there is no photo or description on the website. I tried a Google search but had no luck. Does anybody know anything about this variety that you can share with us? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Squadron Leader Austin?

I would contact Camellia Forest Nursery.

o

It's Squadron Leader Astin, named for Dr. P.C. Astin of Carrollton, Ga. According to the American Camellia Society (from where this information is from), it was first selected in 1985 and listed by the ACS in a list published after their 1996 yearbook publication. So, this chance seedling cultivar isn't exactly 'new '.

It's described as an upright, dense grower with small, white, semi-double flowers.

If you can't find that website, I'll attach a link later tonight. I never did find any pictures on line.

o

Attached is the ACS yearbook publication as promised.

Here is a link that might be useful: click here

o

• Posted by mlb86 6B NE TN (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 17, 12 at 8:59

Thanks so much for the link and the information rhizo. I really appreciate it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here