Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First flowers of the season

Posted by gaalan z8a Atlanta (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 9:51

The season has begun here. My earliest sasanqua, Tanya, had its first flower on the 6th. This is 15 days earlier than last year! I recall last year someone had a camellia that started blooming in August. Anyone else with flowers already?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First flowers of the season

It is too early for me as all I have are japonicas but I have been taking notes the last few years looking for early blooming sasanquas that others have so thanks for the news! It usually means that we will no longer be stuck in a cycle of 100-degree weather any longer. My camellias must be saying 'Aaaaaah', hee hee hee.

o

• Posted by gaalan z7b(on map) 8(imby) (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 15:41

I didn't think about it at the time I posted, but I have a friend who has a japonica, that has to be Daikagura, that already had two flowers on the 7th. I now have flowers on 'Sparkling Burgundy' and C. sinensis 'Rosea'. I love fall anyway, but it is particularly wonderful when the camellias start blooming.

o

Gaalan,
Do you have any pics?
We're approaching my favorite time of the year. Camellia season!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here