Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurie_bray

Buying books about camellias

laurie_bray
18 years ago

I'm living near Paris and I'm looking for buying books in english about camellias...

Do you have some (good) adresses ? If you know a book trade in Paris, it will be the best.... I've alraedy bought some books on the web.

Thank your for answering.

Laurie

Comments (9)

• okintos
    18 years ago

Hello. I do not know bookshops in Paris where they bandage Camellia's books.
    But you can do clik, on the Optional LINK that I indicate as ' Camellias's Books '.

In the page www.camelias.net, you will see many books that treat on the Camellias and in different languages.

In all of them there comes the number ISBN.

Some of them are very acquaintances.

With the numeration ISBN, you can visit your habitual Bookshop and they you will obtain the books.

Pardon for my evil English.

Regards.

Here is a link that might be useful: Camellias's Books

• laurie_bray
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank your for answering... your links are very interesting.

I don't speak spanish... but I'd understood your message.

Regards,

Laurie

• serenoa
    18 years ago

Camellia Forest Nursery's catalog lists a book on Camellia species that I have not seen listed anywhere else. I have ordered it but have not yet seen it a copy. Look at page three of their on-line catalog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Camellia Forest Nursery

• camelliatea
    18 years ago

I have found a vast amount of camellia books from online-used book stores such as Abe Books and Alibris. I am constantly updating my library with old books and new ones found here for a fraction of the cost of others.
    Try www.abebooks.com and www.alibris.com Also visit The American Camellia Society, they have books for sale as well. www.camellias-acs.com/

• laurie_bray
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you Camelliagirl. I've found an old Stirling Macoboy.

Laurie.

• longriver
    18 years ago

A new book published this year, "Collected Species of Genus Camellia" which is a jointed efforts by Dr. Clifford Parks, Professor, Gao Jiyin and Mr. Du. The book is written in both English and Chinese. Because 90% to 95% of Camellia species are found in China. The book has simple and in depth information. It gives you a widescope defination about Camellia plant. It has clear pictures and graphs for illustration. To ask or to order the book please try this address:

gaojiyin2005@21cn.com

• serenoa
    18 years ago

I just got a copy of the Collected Species of the Genus Camellia: An Illustrated Guide that longriver mentions above. The photographs of the flowers are great, with just one or two exceptions with very rare plants. The English portion gives full descriptions of the plants. I would like to see more information about the cultural needs of the plants (or their natural situations) and more shots of the overall plant. Of course, that would just make the book more expensive and it is very good just as it is. The biggest problem with the book is that it makes me want species that are not easily found.

• laurie_bray
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Try this one :

"Jennifer Trehane "Camellias. The complète guide to their cultivation and use"

Very easy to find it on amazon.com.

The collected species is too expensive for me....

Another one :

"Jim Rolfe et Yvonne Cave "Camellias. A practical gardening guide". Timber Press. Portland".

Regards,

Laurie.

• laurie_bray
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I've received my old Stirling Macoboy book (via Abebooks).

Thank you,

Laurie

Sponsored
SparkWise Electric (aka Max Electric)
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Expert Electricians for Electric Service and Lighting
More Discussions