Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Camellia green leaves are falling

Posted by fcaro02139 CA (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 19, 06 at 12:52

Hi, we live in L.A. and have a small camellia (two feet or so) . It's in a pot and receives the morning sun.
We are also very careful in terms of not over/under watering it. In the last month the leaves have been falling at an alarming rate. Even more surprising, the falling leaves are green and seem healthy. What could it be? Some sort of root fungus? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Camellia green leaves are falling

Hi this too happened to me.I was told it was 'shock', have you only just brought the plant or have you had it awhile?.
After this happened to me all of the plants were put into 'sick bay', I nurtuered them with a product we have here in Australia called 'seasol',do you have this product in america?,it is based on 'seaweed extract' and helps to rejuvinate the roots, it puts,lot's of 'good bacteria' back into the soil.
The plant should be just 'moist', and only put into a pot apx 2inches larger than needed,if it is in to large a pot this can cause the 'soil' to sour and turn 'rancid'.
If the 'roots' are brown and no 'white roots then it's probably 'root rot'.try repotting into some fresh soil, for acid loving plants, and give them a 'sesol' tonic, I did this with mine and now they are growing nicely, hope this helps, have a nice day ,cheryl perth australia.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here