Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
To feed or not to feed.....

Posted by CAstarter Z9 OC, CA (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 15, 05 at 21:31

I have 3 camellia japonicas. Do I feed now or not? I have ready conflicting information. Some say that if you feed and they have started setting blooms they will drop the blooms. Anybody have expert advice on when, how, and what to feed the camellias? I usually use Whitney Farms or organic foods. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: To feed or not to feed.....

I just feed my camellia just at the end of flowering and I prune them (always in the same time, it's very important for the next flowering).

This year, I gave them a little more food this week (this summer was very hard for them in France this year).

Laurie

Here is a link that might be useful: Lovcam.org

o

I feed my camellias in the spring and fall with HollyTone. It does not cause the buds to fall off. I think that it helps me to have more and better blooms.

o

Feed but rather moderately. I often use liquid fertilizer at 1/4 or 1/3 diluted solution of recommended amount. I do like use the proper amount of chelated iron to keep the leaves green. T

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here