Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Perry Camellia Show

Posted by spartacuslives 8b (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 11, 09 at 6:08

The Middle Georgia Camellia Show will be hosting the first Camellia Show of the season in Perry, Georgia as part of the Georgia National Fair On Saturday October 17 & Sunday October 18, 2009. If you are in the area and love camellias, the Perry Show will be a real treat. You can see camellia blooms from some of the best growers in the south.

Here is a link that might be useful: Camellia Web Show Schedule

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Perry Camellia Show

Spartacuslives, Do you know if any of the shows listed will also have camellia plants for sale. I would like to find some venue on that order. Most of the local nurseries only want to sale 3gal or larger size plants. Other that the box stores, Which only handle a few varieties and have to sell those before they restock. Any ideas. Thanks for your help

James Maloy

o

I would get on the car and check out some of those well known camellia nurseries in FL, James. NW of Orlando, in Ocala, you can go see Bob Wines Camellia Gardens. Closer to Orlando, visit Erinon Nursery in Plymouth. And not a nursery but worth a trip is Harry P Leu Gardens in Orlando, bordering Lake Rowena and with well over 2000 camellias varieties. I am told it is very nice!

Here is a link that might be useful: Harry P Leu Gardens

o

James, There are a number of the shows that do sell plants at there shows. I am not sure if Perry does. You can click on the schedule in the original post, and contact any of the contact people to see which shows have plants for sale. I know that Valdosta, Orlando, & Tampa do have plants for sale, but not sure which others do.There is a contact listing of nurseries that sell camellias on the Camellia Web website. Hope this info helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Camellia Web Market Place

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here