Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
winter Camellia not blooming

Posted by vasvale Seattle (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 18, 05 at 17:37

Hi

I planted various winter Camellia 2 years ago. The plants look healty but there are no flower buds as yet. Is there a fertilizer favouring blooming? Is giberillic acid only to be used near blooms?
Thanks

Vasvale

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: winter Camellia not blooming

If it does not have cocoons in this one month, this one is not going to bloom year.

Do not be how many years of life have.

If they are Camellias of flowering in early or average epoch, they will not bloom in this one winter.

Is it possible that they are very young Camellias obtained of seeds?

I do not believe that it is a problem of fertilization.

Some Camellia japonica (ex.=Anemoniflora alba) already are in full flowering together with the Camellia sasanqua or Yuletide.
Pardon for my evil English.
Regards.

Here is a link that might be useful: Forum Camellias AEC

o
RE: winter Camellia not blooming

Generally , I've not had any problems getting blooms with just some supplemental feedings of an "iron" fertilizer, but is it possible they're in deep shade during the summer? They do like shade , but I'd think "dense" or low shade might be a bit too dark to encourage blooms possibly. Also , I bought a small cutting grown plant and it bloomed the next year, so it wasn't terribly old nor do they have to be usually to start blooming from cutting grown plants, but it's possible though not likely it's a 'seed grown" one.
And those could take much longer to bloom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here