Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Camellia sasanqua nurseries

Posted by kal2002 9b (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 18:08

Does anyone know of camellia nurseries that have sasanqua's for mail order? I live in northern California and there are not many varieties of sasanqua's to choose from around here. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Camellia sasanqua nurseries

Kal,
Look up Nuccios camellia nursery online on google.
This is one of the biggest camellia nurseries in the country.
You may want to see if you feel like a drive.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 16, 12 at 3:44

That would be quite a drive. Independent garden centers here stock multiple kinds every year, usually trucked up from California - it's a standard item at this time of the year and has been for a long time. I've even seen more than one cultivar at Home Depot before. Surely you can find a selection of them somewhere in your part of the state.

o

Are you interested in specific ones? Which sasanquas do you already have? Lowes tends to have mostly japonicas here but varies their smaller list of sasanquas: Shishi gashira or Chansonette or Bonanza. But they do not stray too far from that list.

o

I LOVE Nuccio's but also consider Camellia Forest in NC. They have a more limited selection of Japonicas than Nuccio, but a larger selection of Sasanquas and autumn blooming hybrids--many of which they originate. I've forgotten the relationship, but the owners are somehow related to Dr. Clifford Parks, so camellias are in their blood. They send nice plants which settle in fine for me here in VA and I've ordered plants for shipping to my sister in San Francisco with no difficulties.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here