Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
okintos

BOIRO 2005. Camellia sasanqua Show

okintos
18 years ago

It is time of camellias.

It begins the season of Camellias's Shows in Galicia. In Boiro, province of A Corunna, it is celebrated on the 3 and 4 of December, 2005, the Exhibition of Camellia sasanqua and other Camellias of early flowering.

In the Optional Link URL:

'Boiro2004 C.sasanqua Show' there are photographies of the Exhibition of the year 2004.

Regards.

{{gwi:515291}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Boiro 2004.Camellia sasanqua Show

Comments (8)

• forrestal
    18 years ago

I have heard there are many beautiful camellia gardens in Spain. Thank you for this photo, and more on the link. I especially like they way they are displayed in these photos which is very interesting. Best wishes on this year's exposition. Please post some photos of the exposition next weekend!

• okintos
    Original Author
    18 years ago

It will be a pleasure, to put here the photographies of the Exhibition of " Camellia sasanqua " BOIRO 2005.

On the way of exposing the flowers of Camellias in the contests.

Only prizes are granted, in the International Exhibition of the Camellia, (42 th. in 2006). They are not monetary prizes.
    Only the Camellia of Gold. Also Honor's mentions. There are no prizes, in other Camellia's Exhibitions in Galicia.

The great competition between the fans has influenced that there is very much ornament. This way the flowers are highlighted in the contests.

Many Camellia's flowers of different species, which show themselves in the contests, are beautiful and of many colors and forms.

Between so many beauty and variety, who can decide which are the Camellia's best flowers?
    Because of it, the fans we try to exhibit our Camellia's flowers, in Bouquets and with varied ornamentation.

We enjoy when we met our flowers. Also when we realize trips to see beautiful gardens with Camellias. Without distinction of social classes.

Doctors, aristocrats, peasants, sailors, clerks, workers or engineers, to all the Passion joins us for the Camellias.

How example of the difference, in Camellias's presentation in different countries, I show this one Link de Camellias in Florence (Italy). (It is the Forum Camellia. In the Spanish Camellia Asociation)

Pardon for my evil English.
    Regards.

Camellia show in Spain.
    {{gwi:515294}}

Here is a link that might be useful: XX thCamellia Show in Firenze(Italy)

• okintos
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hello.
    The Exhibition of " Camellia sasanqua " and other species of camellias of early flowering, it has been a success.

In spite of the evil time of the days, approximately thirty fans of Galicia, have exposed his flowers.

For an accident, I have lost my digital camera and ninety photographies of the show.

The photographies that I put here, belong to other fans who have given them to me. I sit it, because really there were many interesting flowers that they have not photographed.

Regards.
    {{gwi:515296}}

{{gwi:503896}}

In this one WEB site local, there are photographies of the Show.

Here is a link that might be useful: Boiro 2005.Camellia sasanqua Show

• Arl_Tom
    18 years ago

Wow, those are beautiful pictures! Most of the sasanqua varieties that I know will shatter within a few hours of being picked. Are there any varieties that hold together well, or is there a trick to keeping them from shattering? Thanks :-)

• okintos
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I don´t know a special way to preserve the flowers. Camellia's cut flower is ended soon. Except, if we cut the flower, when still it is a cocoon.

We realize the Exhibitions for two days. On Saturday and Sunday. We cut the flowers on Friday getting dark. Better, the flowers cut the Saturday dawn.

It is necessary to treat with a lot of care, the flowers of " Camellia sasanqua ", " Camellia vernalis ", " Camellia saluenensis " and her hybrids.

If it´s possible, long branches must be cut and transport them with precaution. Also to treat them fondly the exhibitor prepares himself.

Later to pulverize water on the flowers, to keep them fresh. During the whole process, the heat is the worst enemy of Camellia's flowers.

Pardon for my evil English.
    Regards.

{{gwi:515298}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Camellia sasanqua Show 2004

• Arl_Tom
    18 years ago

Great, thank you for the information :-)

• okintos
    Original Author
    18 years ago

In this one WEB site www.camelias.net, there are new photographies of the Camellia sasanqua Show.
    Regards.

{{gwi:515300}}

{{gwi:503325}}

New photos Camellia sasanqua Show in OPTIONAL LINK URL

Here is a link that might be useful: New photos Sasanquas Show2005

• okintos
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hello.
    Some varieties of Camellia reticulata, already they begin to bloom in Galicia. For example, the 'BERNADETTE KARSTEN'. This one I did photo on Sunday, the 2005-1-15th, in the Collection of Soutomaior's Castle.

{{gwi:515302}}

But in the exhibition of Camellia, "Boiro 2005", realized during the first weekend of December, already appeared some Hybrids of Camellia reticulata, as 'CHINA LADY'.

Regards.
    {{gwi:503326}}

Here is a link that might be useful: 'VII Memorial A.Odriozola' Lérez-Pontevedra

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions