Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jediofplants

Camellia Forest Nursery!

JediOfPlants
10 years ago

I ordered around 50 seeds from camellia forest nursery just 10 days ago to this date. To my surprise they are already germinating just 8 days sown. On heat mat at 80 degrees F, and under a Compact fluorescent grow bulb. The fact that they grew so fast means they are high quality and very viable seeds. I would totally recommend them to anyone looking to grow your own tea. They take care in the way they ship their products. And will get it too you with in 3 days if specified. Now i will break down the steps i took to achieve such fast germination for others looking to grow seeds that are viable to grow. NOTE! (Not all seeds are viable even if they sink when cracked open and seeds soaked seeds can still sink when shells absorb water.) Best way to see if the majority of your seeds are good. Is to manually crack open with a nut cracker or sand paper and lightly pick open the sanded area with your finger. If the embryo inside is what a fleshy! That means its good.
Scarify first crack open seed with nut cracker or sand paper (nut cracker preferable)
Plant after soaking for at least 32 hours
You can choose to cold stratify for at the very least month cold stratifying is not required you can germinate with out it. I cold strat for like 2 days then sow
Sow 3/4-1/2 inch deep, now the eye of the seed prefers to be sown parallel with the soil surface for faster bud pushing. But it will still germinate any way sown
Signs of germination will be seen within 8-60 days of being sown. That is a long window but it will be faster if you use the equipment i listed up above
Once germinated keep on a heat mat or a thermostat with rope light makeshift rig for 2 weeks to promote root growth.
Transplant when able to safely handle or when plant has 2 leaves. (Transplant might be sooner or later depending in the size of container planted)
(SIDE NOTE) grow under Metal Halide bulb or CFL to get blue spectrum of light for better seedling growing.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer
More Discussions