Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help Identifying problem

Posted by MCLyons none (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 9, 12 at 12:36

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with some Camellia bushes for a friend. Apparently they started dying one at a time going down the row of them. The one that is currently affected is what I'm providing some pictures for. The pictures are the top and underside of a couple of leaves. I see no evidence of bugs on the plant so i'm guessing it's something fungal/viral, but my knowledge is extremely limited so far. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help Identifying problem

Has the soil been checked recently for excessive/defficient levels of nitrogen/etc (due to applying too much fertilizer), excessive levels of salt or soil pH too low (too acidic)? Can you ask what has been done to the plant or what has happened near the plant lately? To put things in perspective, do you know where is he located (city, country, USDA Zone if applicable)?

o
RE: help Identifying problem

Sorry. I left out a paragraph with a link.

Also have your friend keep an eye for bumps on the underside of leaves. These bumps are caused by too much watering and the bumps are plant cells basically exploding due to too much water. The problem is called oedema. The link which follows has nice pictures of many leaf problems: http://www.camellia.org.au/UserFiles/file/Pest & Diseases_Final.pdf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here