Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black Magic

Posted by spartacuslives 8b (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 4, 09 at 6:05

There are many beautiful camellias, but one that is very unusual is a Camellia japonica called 'Black Magic'. Not only is the color an incredibly dark red, but also the flower has a natural shine that looks like it has been waxed or sprayed with a leaf polish. I took the following picture yesterday.

camellia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black Magic

• Posted by gaalan z7b(on map) 8(imby) (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 4, 09 at 18:38

That is stunning! One I would like to try is Grape Soda, which I notice Camellia Forest has this year.

o

Thank you very much for showing the image of your camellia 'Black Magic'. 'Black Magic' is an exceptional camellia flower.
Regards.
Daniel Dominguez Fernandez

Here is a link that might be useful: Santiago de Compostela Camellia Show

o

for some reason, i just can't warm up to this one. the texture of the petals is unnatural, looking like plastic.
my friend has it and loves it and i was intrigued when i first saw it a couple of years ago. now, it looks weird to me.

o

Jeff, I am one of those that loves it, but I have seen many just like you that do not particularly care for it. With Black Magic, you usually love it or you don't like it much at all.

o

I love the look of this flower! And for some reason, the flower of Black Magic is more resilient as well, and holds up well even when wet. Many camelia flowers tend to get "mushy" when wet, the petals sticking together and looking rather like "used kleenex," particularly the off-white camelias. Black magic, however, stays beautiful even after the rain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here