Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonniepunch

What's your riding?

bonniepunch
18 years ago

CBC has an interesting breakdown of the ridings. It's kind of slow to load, because of the election, but it's still an interesting snapshot of where we live.

Here's mine: Laurier-Sainte-Marie

BP

Comments (12)

• marilenav1
    18 years ago

Bonnie,

I live in the riding of Lac-St-Louis.

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    18 years ago

I think our's was the Halifax West?? Not sure now. It's all a blurr!!

• bonniepunch
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Tiffy - Halifax-West was my old riding. If you had Geoff Regan on the list then that was yours. You might have been in South Shore-St. Margeret's though.. The dividing line runs down the western third of the peninsula there.

Mary - I didn't realize how big the Lac-St-louis riding was! It must be the largest one on the island, physical size-wise! Mine is pretty small, but it's densely populated, so it makes sense.

BP

• sydseeds
    18 years ago

Our riding has an infamous floor crosser.....any guesses?

• mora
    18 years ago

Wouldn't it be interesting if the "floor crosser" became the next leader of her party.... and her ditched beau became the next leader of his party, stranger things have happened! M

• sydseeds
    18 years ago

Mora - that would be an interesting predictament....I like her x-beau - he'd make a good candidate. She even isn't as bad as some see her but I'm alittle biased as our community has benefited from her efforts.

As for replacments -heard some talk of that hockey player being shortlisted as a replacement candidate for leadership.....hmmmmmmmm - interesting times.....

• mora
    18 years ago

I think she would be a breath of fresh air, M

• bonniepunch
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I would be surprised if she didn't at least half seriously consider going for the leadership position. I'm not a big fan of hers, but it seems that there isn't anyone else half so well known in the running!

I wonder if either of Trudeau's sons will consider going into politics. That might be interesting to see.

But then again, when it comes to politics, interesting is not necessarily good! :-)

BP

• mora
    18 years ago

There is a new forum"hot topics" where you can speak freely about politics etc. Oh how I need to learn how to do links! M

• ian_bc_north
    18 years ago

HereÂs mine.
    ItÂs one of the larger ridings.
    People are a bit thin on the ground here.

I wonÂt comment on the politics.

The map seems to be slow to load.

Ian

Here is a link that might be useful: Skeena-Bulkley Valley

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    18 years ago

BP,

Geoff was on the ballot! It's a big riding encompassing our peninsula and going way into westend Halifax and Bedford.

What I think is nuts is that folks can run in your riding, but don't have to live there. I think that should be a no-no. Our NDP candidate didn't even live in our riding and when asked questions at a debate seemed at a loss for answers half the time... Not a good position to be in.

• sorellina
    18 years ago

Eglington-Lawrence..we're blessed with a great guy in our riding..no problems with figuring out to vote for, thankfully, and I'm actually hoping he's got a chance at the leadership. Guess we'll see ;o)

Julianna, waving north to sydseeds ;o)