Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hello, peoples.

Posted by merricat Zone 3a Canada (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 16, 07 at 2:52

It's been a while; thought I'd drop in and say hello.

No gardening for me this year (except maintenance of course). I may plant heirloom tomatoes so I can get a good supply of seeds to give/trade, but that's the extent of it. Too much is going on right now: out of work, house has structural damage, and many other things are just......ungood.

These things go in cycles. Good-bad-better, it's never permanent. At least I'm thinking ahead this year and not swamping myself with extra garden-work I'll just stress over. Maybe next year.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from you all, hear what's going on with you and how you're getting ready for spring.

- Merri

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hello, peoples.

Hi merricat
I just found and read your post. I'm so sorry that this year is not going well for you and hope it picks up soon. Being out of work is frightening, isn't it?
And house structural damage sounds expensive and unpleasant.
Still, I hope you don't give up gardening.
I always find that gardening is such stress relief- I just can't envision doing without it. Even though my occupation is in horticulture, real garden time continues to be my joy and therapy.
If anything, why not just strew a few packages of easy annuals in your beds- cosmos, poppies, larkspur, etc.
Perhaps that way you can get some colour, something new to look at, and gardens you don't have to worry about.
The weeds will wait for you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here