Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sorellina

Wanted: GTA Spring Plant Swap

sorellina
18 years ago

Ciao campers,

Sydseeds gave me the low-down that plant swaps and such are a no-no out in the exchanges forum so I'm going ahead and posting here what I originally posted there.

February is a particularly lousy month for me with the cold, snowy days. I don't mind rain, I'm from out West, but the cold and the snow do a major number to my overall sense of wellness and joy.

So what I've been doing is going through my seed catalogues, doing some seed trading from all over, and going through seeds that I've saved over the last few years for trading.

March is around the corner and as I look at my calendar, it's roughly 2 more months until the last frost date for Toronto, and that's how I personally measure how long winter lasts (6 months). I've got all of my tomatoes planned now and for all of you, you know what that means. You get my extras if you're interested.

I'm hoping that the perennials you all gave me will survive. I really have no clue if they will, I'm still so very clueless about perennials, especially those grown in zone 5. When I was in California, fuschias are a perennial that you keep outdoors all year, so that gives you an idea of the carelessness that we were afforded out there. No one brings plants indoors, it's unheard-of.

ANYHOW, as Don Cherry would say, let's start thinking about a plant swap for Spring, the sooner the better so we can all have that great feeling that Spring is here and let's get growing. Once we have a date, let's put our heads together with want lists and have lists so we can all be as organized as Sydseeds when it comes time for the actual day we know who gets what.

I'm so excited, so is our 6 year old and he's already talking about going to a Seedy Saturday in March so he can look for the ornamental corn seeds he so wants to grow.

Cheers and blessings to you all,

Julianna