Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonniepunch

What the heck? Weird advertising!!!

bonniepunch
17 years ago

So, today, when I went to get the mail, there was an envelope addresses by hand to me - not a computer printed address label, but a hand wirtten address on the envelope. So far, it seems like it could be the sort of thing I get all the time. No return address - that's not that unusual, but it is a bit wierd for a hand written note. I figured the sender forgot - it happens. I open it up assuming that someone has sent me a note or some such thing, and pull out what seems to be a newspaper clipping. Across the top someone has written "Bonnie, get it. It works! J". When I unfold the paper it is a full page size advertisment for a wrinkle cream.

Now I knew right away that this isn't from someone that knows me. The postmark indicates it originated in Ontario, and the only "J" I know is here in Montreal, and if she sent it it wauld have said "J-A". She also would never do this. But the big thing is that I don't have any wrinkles!!! I am pushing 40, and am at an age where most of my friends have developed some 'character lines', but I have always looked young for my age, and I have no wrinkles unless I squint hard. So no way, no how, is this from someone that knows me!

This kind of personally targeted advertising is really common online of course, but I have never seen something like this! Do they think it looks more legit if it comes by snail mail instead of by email?

BP

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting