mora_gw

Any Corrie fans?

mora
18 years ago

OK I'm going out on a limb here....... Any Corrie fans out there ? M

Comments (37)

• bonniepunch
    18 years ago

You mean the Scottish music group/band? I am a fan - I had several cassete tapes, but I gave them away after my tape player died and we switched to CDs. I only have "The Best of the Corries" now. I should hunt some more down - I miss "Flower of Scotland". actually I had a lot of stuff I should try to find again...

BP

• Crafty Gardener
    18 years ago

I am a great fan of Corrie or Coronation Street, have watched it for years and years. I also have the anniversary books about the show.

• mora
    Original Author
    18 years ago

BP I had forgotten about the Corries, Thanks for jogging my memory, I must try to find them again! I was referring to the soap which I have been watching since the early seventies, gets me out of bed pretty early on Sunday mornings, but I put it in the same category as comfort food! LOL M

• sydseeds
    18 years ago

Mora - I'm like you but for the gardening season, I stopped watching on Sunday mornings - now my vcr pre-records it in the evening M,T,W,F and I was in Corrie Heaven when we were getting 1 hour episode nightly awhile back - I like watching it rather than the news at the end of the day when it gets too dark to garden and the rest of the family is tucked into sleep.

• Crafty Gardener
    18 years ago

I tape it each evening as well, that way I can watch it at my leisure and don't have to give up the couple of hours on Sunday mornings.

• mora
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I wish they would catch us up, my sister in England is always spilling the beans, we are almost a year behind! M

• msjean
    18 years ago

I LOVE that show !!!
    I try to catch it in the evenings...but in the winter time...I love watching it on a lazy Sunday morning :)

• bonniepunch
    18 years ago

Ohhhh - it's a TV show! Heh - I'm totally clueless when it comes to TV. I don't watch it at al. Well, that's not entirely true - I've been known to rent some shows and watch them, but they're mostly old ones: M*A*S*H*, Monty Python, and the occasional bad Sci-Fi shows.

BP

• Farseashore
    18 years ago

My husband & I are Corrie fans, too. Sometimes we read ahead on an English update site, thereby spilling our own beans, lol. (Australia is even further behind than we are: Peter is just now dealing with Lucy & Shelly there!)

Speaking of Shelly, will she never learn?

• Nora
    18 years ago

I'm a total Corrie fan. We're thinking of visiting Manchester just to see the WEatherfield set. :)

• mora
    Original Author
    18 years ago

And how 'bout that Liz, talk about "mutton dressed as lamb!" Nora lucky you, I used to visit England every year for six weeks (from the daffs to the bluebells)Hope you include Bath in your schedule, its absolutly amazing! M

• Bless_My_Bloomers
    18 years ago

When I lived in my apt. I was a diehard Corrie fan...then six years ago, I bought my house. At first, I was taping the shows but never got around to watching them...somehow, between the interior of the house and the gardens to be, there was always something taking up my time...eventually, I was just too many episodes behind to catch up.

CBC was running weekly specials in the evenings about a month ago. I didn't recognize a lot of the cast and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Liz back. My favourites were Percy, Phyllis, Bet and Hilda!

Speaking of things British...if I may digress slightly...I'm a big fan of British sitcoms and who-dunits. But Hyacinth, well she is my alltime favourite...poor long-suffering Richard..LOL! Thank goodness PBS is keeping these treasures alive!

Bloomers

• Crafty Gardener
    18 years ago

I have been fortunate to watch all the BUCKET WOMAN episodes on DVD ... a family member bought the set. Poor Richard ... goodness knows how he puts up with her antics.

• Crafty Gardener
    18 years ago

Great news Corrie fans - starting next week Coronation Street will be on for one hour on Mon. Tues, Wed., and Fri. and on Thursday there will be a 1 hour Coronation Street special followed by a half hour show. Here iN Ontario it is on from 7 - 8 pm and 6:30-8 pm on Thurs. Check your local listing to see what time it is one where you live.

• mora
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The "Bucket woman" has never been one of my favs(what was really going on between Richard and Elizabeth?),but I could watch Dame Judi Dench in "as time goes by"over and over again! I think Canadian productions are getting better at establishing our own identity in the last few years, not quite on a par with the UK, but definatly not US either!Ohhh hour long Corrie, I can't wait ! M

• sydseeds
    18 years ago

Crafty - do you think the expanded timeslot is due to the CBC strike so that they can fill more timeslots so as not to have to worry about programming during labour disruption or do you think this might be a long term thingy? Thank you so much for posting this (and the times) - I cannot wait until Mia goes right over the edge and does something even more bizarre and that Charlie needs to be shown the underside of the cobbles.

• msjean
    18 years ago

I hope this applies to my area as well...although there has been no notification of any kind yet.
    The plot thickens and I can't wait for the next show :))

• Crafty Gardener
    18 years ago

I do think it has to do with the CBC strike. But I also think it they might of been trying it out when they ran the hour earlier in the year to see how much of a viewing audience they had. We are also so far behind Britain that this is the only way to catch us up a bit. Whatever the reason I'm glad to be seeing more.

• msjean
    18 years ago

Crafty Gardiner...
    Thank youso much for the "heads up" about CS being on a full hour beginning today.
    I took note of what you said and I checked the TV guide and the computer tv schedule...and even the TV roll up just before 7:00 PM...and it did not indicate the new time for the show.
    I checked on the CBC ...just to be sure at 7:00..and lo and behold...Coronation St. was on for a full hour !!!
    If it hadn't been for you...I would have missed a 1/2 hour segment!!!
    I would have been cheezed about that !!!
    Thanks again for the head up :))

• Crafty Gardener
    18 years ago

CBC is still showing it's regular schedule on the tv guide, but you never know what show you will see because of this dispute they are having.

Last week was when I found out about the extended Coronation Street, as they ran a banner ad across the bottom of the screen on one of the regular time slots letting viewers know. I really enjoyed watching the show for an hour tonight. Can't wait for the rest of the week.

Glad you got to watch too msjean. Hope that other fans saw this message too.

• mora
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I work nights so will have to wait til Sunday, anyone know what time it starts? Can't wait for the game show outcome! M

• msjean
    18 years ago

I think the "outcome" of the gameshow will be pretty interesting :))

• mora
    Original Author
    18 years ago

That was worth the wait, what a hoot ! Wonder what Prince C thought of some of those comments, the royal family has made no secret of being avid fans! M

• Farseashore
    18 years ago

Wow! Last night's episodes ended dramatically, to say the least. The image of Maya in the window was frightening.

• mora
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I fear no good is going to come of this(remember I have to wait til Sunday) Ohh tell no don't arggggh !M

• Crafty Gardener
    18 years ago

Very dramatic stuff with mad Maya ... what a raving lunatic. No more said as some of you have to wait till the weekend. I've watched it during the week but will probably watch it again on the weekend to take it all in.

• mora
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well!!! Well never in the 35 years of watching Corrie have I seen seen, I SAY HAVE I SEEN such drama, and with so many characters involved !!! Gotta love it!! M

• Farseashore
    18 years ago

I find the story with Sally, essentially prostituting herself, to be very depressing.

Norris' Book Club looks promising, in a humourous sort of way ;^)

• mora
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I agree Farseashore, sometimes the story lines are just too "americanised" for my taste! Maybe thats why so many Brits seem to disdain it! I was told by a British customer that people who travel don't follow such shows!!! LOL I'll be up with the birds in the morning hopefully to see Charlie get his! I guess I'm just not fit to travel!M

• Crafty Gardener
    18 years ago

Hope that everyone knows that Coronation Street has gone back to the half hour format on Monday to Friday. It is on at 7:30 on CBC in Ontario, but check the tv listings for the time in your part of Canada.

• mora
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Wish they would have waited until we were caught up! Wish the people I know at work would stop reading ahead and insist on telling me what is going to happen next ARGGGGH M

• msjean
    18 years ago

I'm not sure I am happy with the new turn in the Corrie theme?
    I don't want to say too much as I don't want to tip off the Sunday viewers...but it is getting pretty intense.
    Maybe too much so ??

• mora
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I have been watching weeknights now that work is over for this season, so not giving anything away, I will just agree with you Msjean, this is not the Corrie we have grown to love! M

• mora
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Is she being set up for a romance? Either Craig's grandpa or sleezy author guy? It's about time she had dramatic role, don't ya think? M

• mora
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I can't believe Shelly finally said no' Good bye Charlie, I hope! M

• hunnerbun
    17 years ago

LOL...me too Mora...I have been missing it since it is not on at night anymoe, but I caught it today for the first time in months. That slimeball needs to pack his bags and leave....
    Good for Shelly finally!

• Crafty Gardener
    17 years ago

I just loved it when Shelley dumped Charlie at the alter. And then shortly after Cilla asked for the wedding dress. OMG ... as if it will fit her. I'm glad Corrie is back to its regular format now. Lots of good shows ahead, so be sure to watch.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus