Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonniepunch

Where is everyone?

bonniepunch
17 years ago

This conversation side has been deader than doornails the last few months! Where is everyone? What are you up to?

I just got back from Florida, visiting my parents, and now it's cold and raining :-(

I'm thinking about adopting this guy:

New kitty?

Hopefully they'll ok me, and I'll be back on my way to becoming a crazy cat lady!

BP

Comments (8)

• mora
    17 years ago

Hi Bonnie, I still check here once in a while and agree with you! Where is our Merricat? Ms Jean? Laura? Tiffy? et al
    I love that "Angel", she is just so sweet and really needs some loving. I hope you become her "person" so we can follow her progress.
    We have been renovating our house, gasp/sigh, I'll post some pics so this side will look more lively(snork)Martha

• bonniepunch
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Laura is around - I was just chatting with her through email. I hope msjean is ok - this must be a hard time of year for her. If you're reading this, msjean, we're thinkin of ya!

It looks like project 'Crazy Cat Lady' is a go! The shelter is going to drive her down to us on Sunday! Woohoo! I'm so glad they're willing to do that for us - the kitty is in Ottawa and we don't have a car, so it would have been difficult to get her. They're happy to find someone that not only wants her, but has experience with her sort of disability. Special needs animals are hard to place! I imagine it'll be a couple of days before she gets used to us and I'll have to do a fair bit of work to strenthen her muscles, but I think we'll do just fine :-)

BP

• peatpod
    17 years ago

HEY!!!!! I'M THE CRAZY CAT LADY!!!!! Dont take my crown away yet Bonnie lol. The kitten situation is crazy here .. I have 8 right now and two more coming tomorrow. Add on my 7 .. and I think I will be able to keep my "title and crown". Im sure everyone is thinking .. how could she live with the smell .. I can assure you that the boxes are changed daily .. or scooped several times a day and no one would ever know I have this many cats .. I even ask people if it smells :o) Some of the little ones should be ready to find homes next week .. so they will be off back at the shelter soon.

As for me .. what have I been up to .. noting .. absolutely nothing!! I finally got my cast off .. but the wrist still hurts. I guess bringing in all those plants didnt help the healing process. I have been attempting to get rid of "stuff" I think I made it halfway though the crawl space and I had to abandon my purging plans. They love me on freecycler though :o) I have two new kids .. one of whom is driving me crazy .. he isnt going to be staying as I couldnt live with him for the next five years .. not my type of kid at all.

Anywho .. I am here .. just really really busy :o)

Love the renos!! Can you rent out your hubby to do mine next?? :P

Laura

• bonniepunch
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No no no Laura, You are not the Crazy Cat Lady - you are the Crazy Cat Queen! I can only hope to aspire to such crazyness :-)

Glad to hear you got that cast off - did you catch hell for all the dirt?

I'm about to hit the Freecycle madhouse again myself and get rid of all my extra cannas. Those things are worse than triffids!

BP

• bonniepunch
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Stupid rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to have to wait a bit to get my kitty :-(. The shelter person that was going to drive her down is too nervous to drive in the rain. I TOTALLY understand, and I wouldn't want anyone to take any kind of unnecessary risk, but it's still a bit of a downer to have to wait now that I'm all excited about my new kitty.

BP

• peatpod
    17 years ago

LOL Bonnie ... ya I guess I am the Queen :o)

Awwww .. I was looking forward to hearing all about your new baby!! But one cant be too careful when carrying such precious cargo. I'm so excited for you .. it's almost like winning the lottery!!!! When do you get her now??

Be sure to take lots of pictures to share with us.

Laura

• bonniepunch
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I still don't have my kitty yet - we had a communications mixup! We're on for next weekend though.

We had a bit of bad news about our other cat today - he's diabetic :-(. We're going to see if it can be diet controlled first, hopefully he won't need insulin!

BP

• peatpod
    17 years ago

My goodness Bonnie .. so much to deal with in such a short time. :o( If it can't be controlled with diet .. it will just be a matter of getting his dose figured out. Do they use Metformin (I think thats how you spell it) in cats .. my dad takes it and watches his diet :o)

Keep us up to date on the kitties .. I cant wait to hear how everything goes. I hope it wont be too stressful for Banshee as it might throw his levels off too ..

Take care
    Laura

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner