Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mora_gw

Tikkety Boo or Boo Hoo?

mora
18 years ago

How was your Christmas? Mine you ask? Well... DD landed up in hospital Christmas eve with a serious problem, bless her heart she will be there until it is resolved with surgery but this kid is a trooper and flatly refused to remove her newly acquired engagement ring(that night) for any reason come hell or high water! Now resolved tiff with eldest DS prevented me from seeing my grandkids Christmas Day but youngest DS made my Christmas when he asked me to let him off at his friend's house on Christmas Eve, he was a pall bearer at the boy's funeral two years ago and I admire his courage and sensitivity in knocking on that door! That's my boy , he was sooo warmly welcomed! How did you all fare? Martha

Comments (4)

• msjean
    18 years ago

I hope your daughter will recover soon from her health issue. That must have been a scarey time for all. I wish her congratulations on her new engagement. Is there a date set yet ?
    It sounds as if you have had a few "strange" (for lack of a better word) last few Christmas's... :(
    Your son wanting to spend some time with the parents of his deceased friend tells me that he is one very great kid...and I also know that the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.
    You must be really proud of him:)
    I hope your next Christmas will be spent at home with your family without any problems :)
    My Christmas was lovely..quiet and peaceful. My son and his new wife came over Christmas eve and I enjoyed having them for the evening. My oldest son lives in BC and he spent his Christmas with a girl he met out there...And they seem to be serious. He called first thing Christmas morning and we had a great talk.
    My daughter drove up to NB and had Christmas with her dad...and she called me Christmas morning as well. She had to cut her trip a bit short to miss the big snow Moncton and Fredericton had yesterday.
    I usually cook a big Christmas feast...but not this year. Instead...My friend and I went out to a wonderful Christmas Day buffet at the Ramada Inn...and I ate my fill there. Everything was yummy...especially the seafood casserole with all the lobster in it...and the dessert table was amazing !!! The best part was just getting up and walking out after the meal...no clean-up and no dishes :))
    I think we just may have started a new Christmas tradition !!!
    We received a turkey through my friends workplace..so I may cook it for New Years.
    All in all...I had a great Christmas...even thought the cats totally wrecked my tree...and I didn't even mind. I guess I'm getting mellow in my old age :)) It was a lot of fun watching them play in the tree and they had a fun Christmas too :)

{{gwi:519976}}

{{gwi:519977}}

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    18 years ago

It was nice and quiet. I like it like that.

We used to travel to my parents' in Digby Co., but after getting caught in a white-out blizzard 4 years ago, no more.

Christmas Eve we did some baking, and then wrapped up 15 little packages and went to wish all our neighbours the best. I think we'll turn this one into a tradition as my daughter had a lot of fun. She said she never heard so many 'Thank-you's!! LOL!! What a wonderful feeling. Such a small gift and totally unexpected, but it felt great!

Mora, Hope all the family is well.

...and Jean, our kitten tried to do the 'climb the tree' thing, but the Black Lab talked her out of it!

• wendy2shoes
    18 years ago

I cooked for three days in a row. A Christmas Eve Eve dinner..fondue with steak, shrimp, chicken, meatballs, and the obligatory potato salad and carrot salad to go with, not to mention the sauces and batter. Christmas Eve..surf and turf, and then a whopping jumbalaya on Christmas Day (that takes two days to make). Can someone please tell me when my 27 year old twin daughters and my thirty two year old daughter will start saying "Lets have supper at MY HOUSE this year!"?
    That Ramada dinner sounds great! I read that Longos will do a full turkey dinner..cooked and in foil with all the extras for 80 bucks. Just pick it up and reheat...hmmmm.

• bonniepunch
    18 years ago

I'm just catching up on things now! I was pretty busy with visiting friends and all, but mostly I laid back, kicked my feet up, and slept in big time!

DH and I played CivilizationIV for two weeks straight!

And we ate. Like pigs. You know those pictures you see of the big pythons that have eaten a whole animal, and they're just laying there with this big bump in the middle? That's what I felt like! I couldn't move to do anything more demanding than play my game :-)

We had a goose glazed with mango chutney for Christmas dinner, along with dried fruit and nut stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, rapini, and carmelized fennel and onions. For Christmas eve we had king crab, smoked oysters, foie gras, five different cheeses, several sorts of olives, pickled onions and mushrooms, and way too much fruitcake!

We don't go to visit the folks at Christmas anymore - it's too far to get to easily, and too expensive to fly and they don't live anywhere near each other anymore.

Now I'm pondering how I'm going to work up the courage to get on the scale and see what the damage was...

BP