Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peatpod

I got suckered in AGAIN!! :o)

peatpod
18 years ago

Well you would never know that I took a break .. the guys at the shelter got me again :o) Not that they had to work me over too much but they did manage to get me to take a litter of six for a few weeks. At least they waited until after Christmas :o) I will post a few pics later.

Laura

Comments (18)

• peatpod
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'm sure you guys are getting a bit tired of seeing pictures of kittens. But as promised here is Peatpod's Crew!!

{{gwi:519991}}

• Summer
    18 years ago

Laura,

I will never, ever get tired of looking at kitten pics. What a gorgeous crew! Thanks for posting. What's their story?

Summer

• peatpod
    Original Author
    18 years ago

They were dropped off at the shelter by someone who found them. They are about six weeks old and they dont appear to be gaining any weight .. my guess is parasites but they are too little to deworm right now. If the person "found" them then these little guys were once with a family as they are little snuggle bunnies who want to be around people all the time :o) I am taking them into the shelter tomorrow for the tech to take a peek at them cuz they are really skinny but still full of vim and vigor. Maybe we will try a smaller dose of deworming medication. I will keep you up to date :o)

Laura

• msjean
    18 years ago

I have wanted a black kitten for some time now......Wish I lived closer...

• onewheeler
    18 years ago

Laura I rarely get here but when I do I love seeing and reading your kitten stories.

I'm with Jean on the black kitten, I want a boy and I want to call him Black, not because of his color but because of someone I know whose last name is Black and I thought it would be neat to have a little black kitten called Black. LOL Anyway it is not going to happen for another year or so, got a new puppy a few months ago and he takes all my time, wouldn't be fair to a new kitten, have two grown cats, but someday I am going to get me a new kitten, I love them to pieces.

Valerie

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    18 years ago

Laura,

They are prescious!! Are those all blue-eyed?? What treasures!

And, no, we will never tire of seeing your broods!

• peatpod
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Tiffy .. they all have a blueish tint to their eyes but most kittens start off that way.

MsJean and one wheeler - I would have to agree with you both about the black kittens .. my first kitten ever was a black cat named Muffin .. for the longest time I would only have black cats and then for some reason when I lost my last one 15 years ago I never had another one until KC came two years ago. They are so sleek and beautiful.

These have to be the sweetest little ones we have had in a long time. They all LOVE to snuggle and stay by my side all day long. They just love people!!

My own brood is adapting well to having them around .. but then again this year it would seem that we have had little ones all the time. Chloe is really playing the mother role but gets a bit overwhelmed when they start to search for dinner :o) Seeing she has never had babies of her own and is spayed this tends to upset her a bit .. especially with all six rooting around for a nipple when they have a full set of chompers .. OUCH!!! Poor little Chloe .. her work is never done and she cleans them constantly.

Anyone have any suggestions for names for these little ones?? I have only named the little black one .. Bubba Lou .. Bubs for short :o) I have yet to sex these little ones so I dont know who is male and who is female.
    The long haired gray and white kitten with the dark nose isnt feeling very well .. she isnt eating as well as her litter mates and has lost some more weight. I have started to give her some "Rebound" its kinda like Ensure for kittens :o) So with any luck this will help her out a bit.

• GardenChicken
    18 years ago

Squishy. I always wanted to name a cat Squishy...

• msjean
    18 years ago

The black cat I remember best and loved the most...was called "Spooker" :)

I always givre my animals people names. The five cats I presently serve are:
    Bob
    Sonny
    Billy
    Dillinger and Allister. :))

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    18 years ago

Cinder - short for Cinderella if female - for one of the black ones...
    Raven for another black one is a nice name...
    Used to have a black cat when I was about 7 years old and called him Cookie Brule (e at the end of Brule is suppose to have an accent but my computer is not bilingual). It means burnt cookie.

As per the white and black ones, I'll rattle off some neighbourhood cat names and names of cats I've known in the past...
    Muffin
    Cupcake
    China
    Max
    Annie
    Minnie
    Igloo
    Chinook - I like this one.
    Marble
    Jersey

• peatpod
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok so all of the black ones have names now .. from left to right
    Bubba Lou, Cinder and Raven
    Im not too sure about the name Squishy, Garden Chicken .. it makes me think of road kill :o) Or was that the intent :o)

The little grey and white one with the black nose is now Kitty McMew.

Maybe I will use one of the names I came up with for another kitten .. Purrella Deville :o) Ya thats a good one for the other long haired sweety.

If one of these little guys would come out of their cute stage and enter their terrible two phase I think I would call one Lucy Fur .. picked that one up off of the other forum Mora :o) I just loved that one.

So we still need a name for the little back and white one.

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Laura

• Summer
    18 years ago

Laura,

I tend to name my cats people names. I once had a cat that looked similar named Sasha.

Summer

• mora
    18 years ago

How about Pippa , White Pippa ,black pippa ,salt and pippa LOL , Purrella is still getting a lot of press at the "cottage" M

• peatpod
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well I took the zoo crew in for a check up and a little deworming .. it turns out that the only female in the bunch is the little black and white one who has now been named Smores. So I am back a square one with Bubba Lou and Smores having names. So they all need names again .. geeze.

Laura

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    18 years ago

Oreo...

• peatpod
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I like that one Tiffy :o)

I was tossing around a few more candy bar names :o) Big Turk, Reese, Hershey, Cadbury, Kit Kat, Rolo & Snickers. Im not sure .. what do you think??

They all weight just a little over one pound but since their deworming yesterday they are eatting like crazy. It wont be long before they can find new homes.

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    18 years ago

I like Hershey, but I also like Jersey - like the nice black and white cows and bulls.

Panda? That's a cute one too!

• GardenChicken
    18 years ago

Ewww... no Laura! Not roadkill! But it would sound funny if you had to call your cat in the middle of the night! "Here Squishy! Here Squishy!"...
    We had cats named Mouse & Gopher when we were kids...

Snickers is cute!