Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aftermidnight_gw

Seedy Saturdays and Sundays 2011

These will be starting up this month, look for one in your neighbourhood.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seedy Saturdays and Sundays

Comments (14)

• linnseed
    13 years ago

Thanks I have missed the past couple of years and
    need seed badly.However my experience with buying
    "discount"seeds at SS hasn't been too great!

• ianna
    13 years ago

Thanks for the reminder. I've never been to one because it always coincided with Canada Blooms here, but now I notice they have 2 dates in Toronto.

Linseed, why's that? What's wrong with the seeds?

• linnseed
    13 years ago

They were past due date and didn't germinate only $1
    I'm going to buy more anise hyssop this year

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

WHOOHOO! I'm itchin' for a gardening fix!!! AND my buddy Dogpatch will be at the one I am going to, the Qualicum one! Thanks for the heads up! Fun in just a few days!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I posted this in the Canadian forum and a couple more, here's the link to Seedy Saturdays and Sundays in Canada for those that are interested.

Annette

Here is a link that might be useful: Seedy Saturdays and Sundays

Original Author
    13 years ago

Oooops, came over here to grab the link for the seedy saturdays and sundays to post elsewhere and ended up posting it here again. Oh well it will keep it up near the top for a little longer she says to herself sheepishly.

Annette

• Crafty Gardener
    13 years ago

good info, would love to hear from those that attended a session

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

I attended the Qualicum Beach Seedy Saturday, IT WAS WALL TO WALL PEOPLE!!!! Thousands, I'm sure! Great turn out, so many amazing (new to me) plants, reknown speakers, it was like a shark feeding frenzy!lol! It's just great to be around like minded people!! And learn more! I only bought 1 dahlia tuber, and a lily bulb....I planted over 1000 plants this last year so trying to behave...met up with a couple fellow gardeners too, from that neck of the woods, so was very nice time, I would recommend EVERYBODY go to one, it gets your sap runnin'!! LOL!

Original Author
    13 years ago

Calmity, I've heard via the grapevine the one in Qualicum Beach is really awesome, hopefully I can attend next year. I went to the one in Nanaimo last year, I suspect it's smaller than the one in Qualicum Beach but I had a great time, I plan on going again this year.

Annette

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Maybe we can meet up at the Nanaimo one?! It certainly cannot compare to the Qualicum one, as I have been to my hometown one back a few yrs and it was quite small. Had a booth of garden art but didn't sell a thing.

Original Author
    13 years ago

Calamity, I plan on going with my neighbor but it's still up in the air as to what time we'll get there. I'll be checking in at the Seeds of Diversity booth so maybe we'll be able to meet up there. Shoot me an email when you know what time you'll be there.

Annette

• cmmwiebe
    13 years ago

Dropped in on the Saskatoon Seedy Saturday which has moved to a larger venue as it becomes more and more popular. Some of the regulars were there and was pleased to find Heritage Harvest Seeds there with many of their seeds available for $3/packet. They were a long way from home as they come from Manitoba but I am sure it will have been great advertising. I bought their Vegetable Marrow for marrow marmalade making. I also bought a packet of Henry Eckford Sweet Pea and Pink Thai Silk California Poppy.
    Lunch was a tooney and it was quite good. Beet borscht with multigrain bread and a spoonful of cabbage salad. Well worth the visit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Heritage Harvest Seeds

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Thanks for posting this, I have gotten to the Qualicum, Nanaimo and this last saturday: Mill Bay/Shawnigan lk? Was awesome!!!

• xaroline
    13 years ago

Today in Calgary at new location:
    Sunnyside/Hillhurst Community center.
    Goes 10 AM until 3 PM.
    See you there!