Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heirloom Bulbs

Posted by roseofsharon_on z6 ON Can (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 10, 06 at 14:31

Does anyone know of a Canadian source for heirloom bulbs. I love the web site Old House Gardens, and would love to find a Canadian supplier for similar products.

Sharon

Here is a link that might be useful: Old House Gardens

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heirloom Bulbs

I don't think I've come across a company quite like that one, but I have seen many different heirloom bulbs around in different catalogues. Are you looking for any particular bulbs? There are a fairly large number of companies that sell bulbs in Canada, so there's a good chance that if you have something particular in mind someone will have seen it.

BP

o

I mail order bulbs from Botanus.com or buy them locally from Via Verde (descended from the now defunct bulb supplier Cruikshanks)both have a few of the heirloom bulbs listed by Old House Gardens but not the heirloom "broken" or "English florist" tulips. On the page linked below you can see two heirloom examples: "Mabel" and "Lord Stanley" (Named after the father of the originator of the Stanley Cup.)

And on the same page check out that gem from 1620 Lac Van Rijn.

Maybe I'll suggest to Via Verde to investigate importing some.

Sharon

Here is a link that might be useful: Lord Stanley, Mabel and Lac Van Rijn

o

i have some maximum lilys .thought they mninitures .thanks for telling about the web site if you would like some bulbs please email me .

o

Vesey`s in Canada have Heirloom Bulbs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here