Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
valray_gw

Looking for plant stand

valray
10 years ago

I like this plant stand:
http://www.superiorgrowers.com/grow-lights/fluorescent-lights-and-fixtures/fluorescent-plant-stands-lighted-garden-carts/growers-supply-four-shelf-four-tray-compact-light-cart-g44a-g44b.html

But I'm having trouble finding it in Canada. Anybody know where I can get this in Ontario?

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant stand

Comments (3)

• ianna
    10 years ago

Bustan's in toronto and also Vessey's (mail order), Try Lee Valley tools (mail order)

I got mine years ago but direct from the manufacturer and he had a warehouse in Etobicoke. Unfortunately I cannot recall the name and address.

If you stll have diffculties, fashion one out of ikea stands and flourescent lighting.

• valray
    Original Author
    10 years ago

An update on my search.... One supplier from the US said that their fluorescent ballasts were an older style and Canada had banned or were going to ban the bulbs they take. I know about the incandescent bulb phase-out but has anybody heard of a similar situation with fluorescents? Would T12 lights be safe?

• SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
    10 years ago

Yes, they are going to phase out the T8/12's in favour of the more efficient T5's. IMHO this is going to take a lot longer due to the cost to consumer. I would imagine they will stop the sale of ballasts first then later on phase the bulbs out. There is absolutely no concern with them being safe, they are just not efficient.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus