Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Book on growing under lights

Posted by drhugh Montreal (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 20, 07 at 17:42

Does anyone have recommendations as to the subject of growing under lights?

Let me explain...

I am an immigrant from England, so I am itching to get my plants started its genetic. I bought from a neighbour his equipment for growing plants under lights - just small as a start. (Next season - it will be larger; we have a lot of space)

Now being a fanatical gardener I know all the problems of disease, temperature, humidity etc etc, so does anyone know a good book I can buy or a good Webb site.

Frustrated...

Prof Hugh Phillips PhD

P.S my French Canadian wife is asking why we dont have early salads, as we did from the green house in 'Angleterre'. Come on guys save a gastronomically based marriage.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Book on growing under lights

There's a forum in there about indoor gardening or even greenhouse gardening. They might be able to point you to excellent books.

I have a single tiered lighting table top lighting unit and I find growing plants under it pretty much straight forward and so can you clarify what kind of information are you seeking? And curiously, are there no books in the UK on this subject?

Ianna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here