Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jroot_gw

Have you got your tickets for Canada Blooms?

jroot
17 years ago

Canada Blooms is about 3 weeks away! Witness the transformation of earth, wind, fire and water into creations of beauty and complexity at "Elements", the 11th annual Canada Blooms: The Toronto Flower & Garden Show, March 7-11, 2007. A feast for the soul and the senses, Canada Blooms heralds the coming of spring for gardening and design enthusiasts from around the world.

Soon the thousands of bulbs, shrubs, perennials and trees that have been pampered for months so that they are in full summer bloom just in time for the show will be on their way to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building. This year organizers expect to transplant some of the largest trees ever at an indoor garden show, about 80,000 flower bulbs and more than 3,000 perennials, the most ever prepared for Canada Blooms.

Enter Springtime

Springtime awaits as you glide off the escalator to arrive at the entrance to the display gardens. Here, walls of rain framed with forest-fresh ferns, white blossoming cyclamen and bright lime coral bells represent the Elements of spring and are complemented by polished pebbles and Irish and Scotch mosses arranged in nested bright metal boxes. Beyond the doors that open onto the show floor, raised beds planted with masses of flowers and twin columns of handsome columnar oaks flank the walkway, guiding you to the exciting display gardens at this year's show.

Backyard Ecotopia

Designed and constructed with environmental conservation in mind, this beautiful wildlife-friendly garden features self-sustaining drought-tolerant plants, a water fountain that doubles as a rainwater capturing system, solar-powered lighting and recycled materials. It's a Backyard Ecotopia where the whole family can enjoy - and appreciate - nature.

Ruby Star Coneflower

The Collector Series Plant of the Year is a gem of a coneflower. Echinacea purpurea Ruby Star 'Rubinstern' adds sparkle to any sunny garden with rosy pink daisy-like flowers that bloom throughout the summer. Available exclusively during the show at The Home Depot.

Buy your tickets now and save!

Save $2 on Adult Admission tickets ($16 advance - $18 at the door)! Tickets are available at all Sobeys Ontario stores, participating garden centres and online before March 3 at www.canadablooms.com. Canada Blooms tickets make a great Valentine's gift!

See also: http://www.landscapeontario.com/canadablooms.php

Here is a link that might be useful: Canada Blooms

Comments (11)

• jroot
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I just picked mine up today at Sobey's in Acton. It sure saves a lot of time lining up at the show, and it is faster than using the email tickets.

• wayner2000
    17 years ago

Hi John, I don't have my tickets but I'll be there for sure. This is something I look forward to every year....Wayne

• gardengirlcs
    17 years ago

I went last year and was disappointed. I found there was alot of hype about it(Canada Blooms).This was my first time going. I found it to be very over-rated.I don't think I would ever go back!

• ianna
    17 years ago

I absolutely enjoy going to these events and have been faithfully going for many years now. I find it truely awesome to find 'gardens' magically appearing several stories beneath street level, and in the middle of winter. What a scene. Tall trees, pools and waterfalls. The displays are meant to be trend setting and thought provoking. In reality some blooms that are used wouldn't naturally come out at the same time. So seasons are suspended. Imaginations are encouraged. I guess the designs may not be to everyone's tastes. And unfortunately the show does tend to get very crowded given the limited space. Plus we could do without the very expensive and mediocre food. I wish we could be a CHELSEA garden but that's outdoors and that woulnd't be possible in Toronto.

Yes in some years, the displays have been disappointing - and I have to admit that last year, some show backers weren't there and I felt they were essential to the show. Sometimes the displays are rather repetitive - several showing the same trellis etc.. - all that. Perhaps given the limited space the organizers can be more demanding on display originality. Anyway, I feel that the more participation from garden centres, the more interesting it is for people like me. New plants are introduced, new ideas on gardening, new products. The displays are not the only ones I look for but it's really the market place I enjoy greatly.

Ianna

• jroot
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I think I am going on Thursday. Maybe I'll see some of you there. In April, I'll be heading to London England. Isn't there a garden show sometime around April 11-13 ? If you know of one, let me know, pretty please.

• halaeva
    17 years ago

Not yet.I have seen it once and think deeply,if I really want to see Spring blooms since I am interested in Summer and Fall blooms.

• bev_w
    17 years ago

Canada Blooms is for people who want to purchase gardens, not for gardeners. It's a fashion show for people who like gardens but don't want to get their hands dirty. Not worth the trip to Toronto.

• jroot
    Original Author
    17 years ago

CB appeals to a vast variety of people, - gardeners and wannabees alike. I go annually and nearly always come home with a new idea or two or three. There is a lot of stuff there that I can go past quickly, but there are some displays that I linger long over. It is definitely worth the trip to Toronto for me. .... and I do intend to get my hand VERY dirty this summer as I renovate my garden.

• ianna
    17 years ago

CB has proven year after year it's popularity with a huge variety of gardening folks, and that includes this pair of dirty hands (& feet & face I might add).

Anyway the Canada Blooms webpage does not show enough pictures of last year's event. Here's a place where the green deprived can glimpse some aspects of the last show. A bit of cheerful interruption to our drab weather.

http://www.icangarden.com/Pix/CanadaBlooms2006-2.cfm

• jroot
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the pictures, Ianna. The shot of the BBQ was one of the things I saw last year, which prompted me to build an outdoor fireplace/BBQ this past summer. Often what we see stimulates another idea which we can incorporate. The shot you included about the waterfall has given me an idea which I can incorporate into my garden this summer. I already have a pond and waterfall, but need more garden space, so I will probably decrease the size of the pond and build another waterfall more resembling this one than the one I have.

By the way, my sister just called to say the Stratford Garden Show is on March 1 - 4th.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stratford Garden Show March 1 - 4

• ianna
    17 years ago

Jroot,

My pleasure. By the way, here's website you might be interested in since you are looking for water feature ideas... http://www.littleandlewis.com/llhtml/install4.html

Little and Lewis were recently featured in Recreating Eden but I've known of them for a few years now. Their raintree feature (a cement planter combination fountain) is set in a shallow pool. Spectacular isn't it?

Thanks for the tip on the Stratford Garden Show.

Ianna

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting