Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andy_toms_gw

18 cell nursery packs (transplant trays)

andy_toms
15 years ago

Hi everyone.

I'm new to theese forums but not gardening. This year i decided to grow a lot of my stuff from seeds. I'm looking for suppliers of these cell packs in GTA particularly west end but even an on-line canadian supplier might do. I can find hundreds in the USA but it's kind of silly to pay 30 bucks for shipping and who knows what brokerage fee for a couple of $1.50 trays. They are about 3.5"x3.5" each individual cell and fit into a standard propagating tray. If anyone knows of a retailer please help. Thank you.

Andy

Comments (4)

• marricgardens
    15 years ago

Good morning Andy. I'm not exactly sure of what type you are looking for but I thought I would let you know that I buy my pots at Bradford Co-op. They sell them by the case, usually 50-100/case. They're products are ITML. Last year I stocked up on plug trays, 4" pots, peat pots, potting soil (I didn't like what they had so I went back to Pro Mix), No Damp, the only place I've been able to find large bottles - 1 L., trays and domes. Check out the ITML site and see if they have what you want. Bradford Co-op # is 905-775-3317. They don't have a web site that I know of (their card doesn't list one) but their email is www.tmaertens@bellnet.ca. Hope this helps. Marg

• ianna
    15 years ago

I'm not sure what these look like. Are these large cells? Can you point to the US catalogue where you've seen them?

Have you checked local hardware places like Home Depot, Rona and Lowes? If the ones here aren't the ones you are searching for try visiting Lee Valley Tools. While Lee Valley is a mailorder company, they also have stores where you can purchase your requests. Another thought is simply visit any nursery and they usually sell these things - such places like Humber Nursery.

• andy_toms
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks to everyone who replied.
    Maric,
    I did look at itml's website and they do have what i'm looking for, for now i'm trying to avoid a drive to brantford and hope local retailers start stocking the stuff early spring.
    Ianna,
    I won't post any links as there are dozens of different manufacturers and dealers and some might consider this advertising...... They are what you would get at your local nursery filled with potting mix and seedlings, come in different sizes, the ones i'm looking for work out to (all sizes approx.) 3.5"x3.5"x3.5"deep for each individual cell and come in an extruded plastic sheet of 18 cells that fits a standard 21x10 tray. I checked my local big box stores and (i have a huge) nursery right next door, none of them have it as of right now.

• north53 Z2b MB
    15 years ago

Hi Andy,
    I'm not sure which cell packs you're looking for, but most mail order nurseries sell supplies like that. I ordered mine from Lindenberg Seeds in Manitoba. You could order a free catalogue at 204-727-0575.
    I like the larger size for transplanting and have learned my lesson. You just can't find the right size in the retail stores. All they carry are those tiny 9 cell packs. So this year when I ordered seed I remembered the cell packs. I only ordered a few this time, but next time I'll know what to expect and order more.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES