Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hemlock Seedling Under My Japanese Maple

Posted by KiddyPlanter none (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 4:27

So I realized that I have what appears to be a small Hemlock seedling growing under the Japanese maple in my garden. I really don't want to kill it, cause it's so cute, but I don't think it's a good idea to just leave it there, for the sake of it and all my plants around it. So I guess my question is, should I/is it worth digging up the seedling and putting it in a container till it is bigger (and I find a new place for it)? Or will it sustain too much root damage to grow well? Because the area it is growing in is rather compact and rocky.=(

P.S: The seedling I have looks around the size of the one in the link attached below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hemlock Seedling

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hemlock Seedling Under My Japanese Maple

Well, you're going to have to do something about it anyway...might as well put it in a container now. Spring is the best time to do it anyway. Are you sure it's Hemlock? Yew can look similar when really young and it's far more common to see seedlings in landscaped areas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here