Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
when to plant my peony?

Posted by luckynes13 6a (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 10:07

I got a peony from TSC a couple of days ago. Know I am wondering what I shound do with it and when I should plant it? I think it is a little cold right now,so should I pot it indoors for a little while until it is safe to plant out? Advice needed. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: when to plant my peony?

Are you in Ontario? I would normally start off my peonies in containers, temporarily, until the grounds are warm enough and the dangers for freezing is gone. So either late April or early May. In anycase, assuming this is a bare root plant, do not expect the plant to flower the same year. It would do that the following year - maybe just a flower and in the year following it will come up with more blooms.

o
RE: when to plant my peony?

Yes, I am from Ontario. ianna. I decided to take your advice. Just did it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here