Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilacgal

New Garden Need Help

lilacgal
15 years ago

Hello,

So this year I have been given permission from "hubby" to redo the flower garden in the front yard. Currently we have two cedars on either side of the house that are taking all of the nutrients from my hostas and ferns (that are planted in between them) and handicapping them. At least that is what I have been told as to why the other plants aren't doing well.

So this year we are considering pulling the cedars out and redoing the entire garden (plus extending it!). I am not sure how to safely move my hostas and ferns (as they are about 4 years old now). Also, the front yard faces North and we have two tall evergreen trees at the very edge of our property (farthest North).

Just wondering...what is good to plant in a North facing yard? There is more light coming from the West as the neighbours to the East have tall bushes/trees as dividers between our properties.

I hope this isn't too confusing and that someone can help with my dilemma. I am fairly new to gardening. I love lilac bushes (as my name states)and hostas and really anytype of flowers. Any ideas or suggestions?

It is so hard when the yard faces north with a barrier to the East. I HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE SOON!!

Comments (3)