Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abistew

Design help with irregular lot

AbiStew
13 years ago

I was wondering if anyone can offer any advice on laying out a garden (a mix of edible fruits/veggies and flowers) for an irregular lot? I've tried to sketch out a few things but I'm struggling to adapt designs that I've seen in books to my odd-shaped lot. Part of me things that curves and organic shapes are the way foreward while the other thinks that the crazy angles lend themselves to triangles and hard-lines.

For what it is worth, I'm in southern ontario with a relatively large municipal lot. I have a young daughter so I'd like to keep some grass in the backyard, but otherwise, I'd rather have garden. I'm quite taken with the idea of landscaping with fruit trees and berry bushes after reading one of Lee Reich's books. I put in some rectangular raised beds in last year near so we could grow some veggies but I'd like to actually have a plan before purchasing and planting trees. Is there anyone here that can recommend a garden designer? Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for what it would cost to have a residential design drawn up?

{{gwi:525860}}

Comment (1)

Sponsored