Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
triple_b

Oh would it just RAIN already!

triple_b
17 years ago

The weather report keeps talking about rain. The Weather Network, which I have on it's own little window on my screen, states "rain" for tomorrow. But 70%chance. I go to the Environment Canada website-also bookmarked- and I get chance of showers, 60%. I have carrots and spinach planted in my little plot and I keep forgetting to water (it is not exactly right outside my door, is a community garden, and I have to still haul water up to it.)Keep wishing it would rain and do the job for me. sigh. My own forgetfulness. Already it seems a dry year and it is only April. I was kinda depending on those April Showers you know. Sorry, just felt like whining.

Comments (10)

• bonniepunch
    17 years ago

Just be glad you didn't wake up to this:

{{gwi:526021}}

I had to take a photo because no one will believe this. I can not believe this!!!!! AAAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!

BP

• sammyqc
    17 years ago

My thoughts exactly this morning when I looked out the front window. Whatever happened to April showers/ May flowers? At least the forecast for the weekend is looking up. I may be able to put my tomatoes out for a little bit.

• triple_b
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That is truly nasty. I should count my blessings. Sorry guys and my condolences.

• bonniepunch
    17 years ago

Would you believe it is snowing again! Right now - it's been only a couple of centimeters, but still...

At least this weekend is looking sunny and warm. Normally I would have put a big dent into my digging up of the pots by now and many plants would have emerged, but I haven't done a thing out back (too cold), and only the chives and alliums are up.

This nasty weather has had me procrastinating terribly - I was late getting my seeds started, I still haven't potted up most of my bulbs yet, and I just don't feel like doing gardening stuff. Sigh.

I hope you get a nice amount of rain triple_b. It's nice to hear that at least someone is warm and sunny!

BP

• triple_b
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well that was the thing you see, it was almost a 'non-weather'. It wasn't sunny, it wasn't rainy it wasn't warm or even windy. Just calm cloudy and unseasonably cool. And dry. Absolutely nothing conducive to promoting growth. That 'non-weather' is almost unnerving because it feels like limbo. They are predicting another dry year, and thus far we haven't had a whole lot of percip. Makes for a bad forest fire season too. I would like to see a good ground soaking rain for a few days.

• triple_b
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Finally getting a bit of rain today. Not a good soaker but some sprinkles. I dunno it just seems WRONG to have to water the garden in April.

• triple_b
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It's raining! It's raining! And not some wimpy inneffective sprinkle either! Woohoo!

• triple_b
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well our one glorious rain is long past. But now the weather has warmed up nicely (25*) so at least you can plant out tenders. A friend of ours who is a farmer says a dry year does have its advantages in that YOU decide HOW MUCH water and WHEN. Preferable to watching it pour and pour as all your crops get washed away.

• bonniepunch
    16 years ago

Did you send me your weather? It was 28 yesterday, 25 today, and no rain for over a week.

But I'm not complaining - I love fussing around with my new hose sprayer-thingy. It's got all kinds of different spray patterns and is great for everything from lightly misting baby seedlings to hosing all the crud off the asphalt with a strong jet.

BP
    /easily amused

• triple_b
    Original Author
    16 years ago

They finally got the hose hook-up ready at our community plot. Thank God. I am pregnant and didn't relish the thought of lugging water up the hill in 35-40* at 6 months along. This is NOT a third world country after all. Now I can play with MY hose sprayer thingie too!! Wheeee!!!!!!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting